Skip to main content
Topic: What I've been up to (Read 1068 times) previous topic - next topic

What I've been up to

I haven't posted here in what seems like forever, so I thought I  would make a post showing what I've been working on since I retired my cat. A few years ago I happened to pick up a new 2012 Challenger for an unbelievable price, since then I drove it for a few years until the "go fast" bug bit again. So to scratch that itch, I installed a Vortech V3 supercharger and intercooler. Now it's making some reasonable power. Here's a few pics of the build:

I had her dyno tuned and she's making pretty good power, putting down 440 RWHP! Not to shabby for a V-6 huh?

And gives a fair to middlin' 0-60mph time.

The 'ol Cougar is still sitting behind my brother's barn and believe it or not she still starts right up once we hook up a battery and dump a gallon of fuel into her. I was going to part her out, but my daughter wants to make a father and daughter hot rod out her, so as soon as I can relocate, that's the plan. Although it sounds like blaspheme we're going to drop a 6.0 LS and L80 in it and throw a roots style supercharger on it since I now have a bit of experience tuning speed density systems (my Challenger). The 'ol girl's lookin' kinda rough, but that should start changing in the next year or two.

What I've been up to

Reply #1
Needs rims ;).

Ive been tempted to buy a new car so many times. My buddy just picked up a 13' gt and it's fast.

What else is new?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com