Skip to main content
Topic: Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics..... (Read 46608 times) previous topic - next topic

Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics.....

The Sport goes to get painted. Most all of the bodywork is done. Body and jambs getting done. Not concerned under the hood right now. I'll tend to that later. Pulling the hood to get it painted as well on the bottom. Having an extra scoop insert painted as well as the body side trim and mirrors. If I don't like the whole green look, adding the black to it is easy. Should be back in business in about 2 1/2 weeks or so. Also having the c-pillar emblem holes welded shut and leaving them off as well to smooth it up a bit.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
I look forward to seeing the Sport this time around. I have thought of painting my LX trim the body color when I reach that point..( Have a long way to go)...Cant wait to see some pics.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #2
Sweet !!!

Reply #3
I'll post some pics of it before, during and after. I was planning on spending the day doing more prep work, but my daughter got ill so my wife took her to the ER and that was a 7 hour adventure, so I spent the day watching the tiny man. It was worth it. He's the coolest guy ever. Once I got home, I did manage to pull the gas lid off, seal some holes where the trim was, and re-align the passenger side exhaust pipe. Now....TV time before work tomorrow through Thursday....nearly 13 hour days, so no love for the Sport until Friday early morning when I pull the 1/4 windows, lights and header panel. Ready to get this over with. I did order the new replacement Mach 1 chin spoiler and now I have to find a new trunk script for the "Thunderbird" emblem. Good times.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
Can't wait to see the pics Vinnie :D

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #5
Actually, I can't wait either. It'll be nice having the Sport back in shape again.

Reply #7
New paint and intake?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #8
NOT swapping the intake !!!! LOL. I'm ready to get the car together and quit for a while. Just sit back and enjoy the old Bird.

Reply #10
Once I get the SPort back together, and bolt in some new seats.....I'm going to be done with the old girl for a while. Then, looking for a cheap beater to drive daily.

Reply #11
Tomorrow is the day. Before I drop the car off, I've got to pull the lights and inner door panels, dew wipes and mirrors. In actuality., that's not a big job. Then, the Sport will gone for a week or two. I hate leaving the old girl anywhere but home.

Reply #12
Quote from: vinnietbird;421174
Once I get the SPort back together, and bolt in some new seats.....I'm going to be done with the old girl for a while. Then, looking for a cheap beater to drive daily.
LOL Ya right Vinnie :rollin:

Well........ You did say "for a while"  :D

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #13
Nope, I'm really going to find a py little car to drive daily and let the Sport rest under a cover til weekends or special days. I will get a car that can take a door in a parking lot and won't bother me. Just something to drive ten miles a day in, and maybe the salvage yard every once in a while.

Reply #14
Well, the Sport is officially at the shop.