Skip to main content
Topic: My current project (Read 2552 times) previous topic - next topic

My current project

It's not my car, but it's what I'm engrossed in now.

'86 C10
383 stroker
propane fuel system
turbo350 & timex posi

These pics were taken just before I took it home to get the body work done. It just got new cab corners, a mint box, front chrome bumper, lower splash apr0n, & the grille was just painted blue from the rusted chrome.

Re: My current project

Reply #1
Nice....  Sometime I wish I had a truck.

You've got snow on the ground already??  It was almost 80 here yesterday (Iowa).
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Reply #2
Like I said somewhere else, looks like a clone of the '83 we have sitting in the garage.  Sans 383 and cool propane setup.

Reply #3
I just spent $250 at Canadian tire, so I'd better go outside and get some work done. (space heaters aren't cheap).

ifixyawata, got any pics? 350 or 305? I'm going as smoothe as possible. No emblems, no bumper trim. Just the truck. I am thinking of a nice black lettering SS 383 for the rear of the cab. Sort of a mock of the SS 454 Silverado in the mid 90's. It'll be unique, if nothing else.

Yeah, the weather's  here, but what else is new? Snow for Halloween. :barf:

Reply #4
Here is my 1982 C10. It's an original NS truck.

Reply #5
Quote from: oldraven

ifixyawata, got any pics? 350 or 305?

I'll get some of it.  It's in pieces right now.  Gray doors, black front clip (all new), cab corners cut out.  The box for it is outside.  Currently is a 305 Quadra jet, but it's getting replaced with a 350 from a '76 or so corvette (I dunno what designation of 350 it is..) but the engine was set up for nitrous so I figure it's had some work done internally.  I'll get pics of it up soon.

Reply #6
Nice. Pics would be good.

And where in NS did any vehicle from '82 survive? :p Thank you. I've been wanting to convert over to that style headlight, besides the large single. The equal stacked ones are so much cleaner looking. More true to chevy form. I finally know what year assembly I'm looking for.

:banana:

Reply #7
personally i like the older style c-10 this is my buddys i helped work on.but yours has potential good luck with it

Reply #8
I'll have pics of the blue '83 tommorow night, though they'll suck, it's in the garage.  We used to have another '83.  SWB 4wd, 350 4-bbl, automatic, this thing had all the power options, everything.  It was a nice dark purple, had just had the bed replaced. Saddle tanks (was originally a stepside).  It had glasspack exhaust that exited on the side... if you revved it up at night you could get it to shoot a quick blue flame.  Sadly, though, the frame started rusting and the truck eventually bent in half... sort of.  My dad decided to get rid of it.

I just remembered yet ANOTHER chevy truck we used to have.  It was I believe a 80 or 81.  Another 350, but this one was a 3/4 ton long-bed 4WD.  It had a 4-speed with some super-low granny 1st gear.  Had some big beefy, again glasspack exhaust that would crack off real loud  when you let off of it.  This one was primer black and didn't really have all too much wrong with it, just needed floorboards and some rust work on the bed.  I just remember the heavy feeling of the truck.  I had to change one of those  -lug wheels once, ugh.

Reply #9
phyxius, I agree. My dream truck is a '70 LWB flareside, and in that same blue. Chevy's just wear that particular blue so well. Something like this one.

My dad had a couple of C-10's when I was growing up, but by the time I was old enough to give a shiznit, we had S-10's instead. :mad:

I'm already working on a way to make mine breathe fire. :evilgrin: (Extra propane outlets on the tank, and in vapour too)

Reply #10
I finally got some pics of the C-10.  I should've said that's exactly what it used to look like.  It hasn't been messed with in a few years.  First here's where the cab corner used to be...

Reply #11
And here's just an overall shot of the truck...

Reply #12
Kinda tough to get any good pics when it's crammed into the garage. And here's the old powerplant long overdue for a replacement...