Skip to main content
Topic: I saw a 2010 Camaro drive by me on the highway (Read 8981 times) previous topic - next topic

I saw a 2010 Camaro drive by me on the highway

It's quite the looker - it really grabs your attention.

11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #1
hmmm....  I feel sorry for the person who was driving it
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Reply #2
Why? Looks, performance or bankrupt company?

Reply #3
i picked up a tottald one the other day both pepole died but i didnt get pix.they hit a gaurd rail doing 120mph ...or so the fhp said..it was torn to shreds
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
Ouch!

Reply #5
They are god aweful ugly, over weight, over rated and just plain stupid. GM took their best looking Camaro (69 Camaro) and slaughtered the design. Why can't GM figure it out? Ford made a perfect retro rod as did Dodge (Other than the fact that it too is extremely overweight). The new interpretation is a silly looking car.

Cliffs Notes: I dislike them alot.

Reply #6
Quote from: 86XR7project;278178
They are god aweful ugly, over weight, over rated and just plain stupid. GM took their best looking Camaro (69 Camaro) and slaughtered the design. Why can't GM figure it out? Ford made a perfect retro rod as did Dodge (Other than the fact that it too is extremely overweight). The new interpretation is a silly looking car.

Cliffs Notes: I dislike them alot.

Because they werent following in ford or dodges foot steps and going for the full retro look, the took the old styling and reinvented it rather then redid it like the other two...

When these first came out I thought the same thing...  but now I applaude them for trying something different...  I think it works...

Dont get me wrong I am not a chevy fan by anymeans... BUT after seeing two of these in town now..  a black one and a yellow one with black stripes... I really like them, and wouldnt mind owning one someday....

Reply #7
I've seen quite a few over the past couple months. 

Not impressed.  (I never expected to be though)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #8
I like the 2010 Mustang alot better personally.

Reply #9
I think they look a lot better in person than in the pics - certainly nicer than the 2010 Mustang GT I drove recently.

Reply #10
Quote from: Chuck W;278183
I've seen quite a few over the past couple months. 

Not impressed.  (I never expected to be though)

Same here, I've seen them around here a lot, and I personally don't like them. I feel they were over-advertised and hyped up to be something they aren't.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #11
Hey at least they got the price point right this time...I think you can get a V6 version for pretty reasonable.  Which is smart because that's where their sales will be.  I'm still on the fence about them.  I saw probably a dozen or more on Hot Rod power tour and still can't decide about them.  I did see a V6 stick model running high 14's/low 15's on the dragstrip one day, which is  impressive.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #12
Wow. That's a pretty passionate dislike. We've all got our tastes, though. And of the three retro pony cars, I personally think this is the best execution of them. I'm really not a fan of doing a full replica, like the Challenger. They didn't even try to make it a modern car. They just smoothed it out a bit.

Reply #13
Saw one 1-2 weeks ago on the highway, first glance it looks good. Keep in mind that it still looks better than 95% of the cars on the road! There are too many boring SUV's and Civics/Accords flying around here. Then there are beat up 80's vehicles, Prius, and trucks. Besides those, there is little around here with all the yuppies in Portland, OR. Even some of the trucks have better styling than the majority on the road. If you're going to have a boring car, at least have a good reason for it.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #14
I saw my first one about three days ago, a black SS model. I was impressed. I was expecting a land yacht like the Challenger (which would dwarf one of our cars), but GM seems to have been a bit more restrained, size wise. I know it's heavier than a Mustang, but at least it isn't huge.

That said, I do like the looks of the Mustang more. The Camaro seems to "whiz-bang" for me, trying to be more youthful than its target audience, while the Mustang shows class over flash. All the Mustang needs to be perfect are the 3.7 and 5.0 engines that are apparently coming.

...and that said, I still prefer the Fox Birdcats to all of 'em ;) Gimme the body of an 87/88 Cougar or 84-86 T-Bird with the drivetrain and interior refinement of the more modern cars and I'd die happy...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣