Skip to main content
Topic: Looking for a power antenna (Read 935 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for a power antenna

Let me know if you have one. Trying to find a power antenna before swapping fenders.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #2
if your broke because of the rip cord / zip cord,, that little blue light glue pen works good.

I will take your old one if you wanna sell

Reply #3

Yeah, I saw that. Was hoping for one at a lower price. In general, radio reception is is better than ever so I may not ever need for it to extend.

I'm really curious what needs to be added to make it functional with the factory switch. I have a fixed antenna right now. Going for a power antenna swap.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #4
I have one. Here is what I know about it. It was on a parts car that I bought. I ran it up and down and it worked. I'll ship it to you for $45.

Reply #5
Quote from: 50RACER;457153
I have one. Here is what I know about it. It was on a parts car that I bought. I ran it up and down and it worked. I'll ship it to you for $45.

Anything else that may help me wire it in? I don't know what segments of the harness may exist in a fixed-antenna vehicle. I already have the dash switch in a box.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #6
If you have the antennae switch that goes in the dash, that is all you need. The power antennae plugs directly into that switch. I just checked the connection on  both parts that I have out of the car.

Reply #7
Quote from: 50RACER;457159
If you have the antennae switch that goes in the dash, that is all you need. The power antennae plugs directly into that switch. I just checked the connection on  both parts that I have out of the car.

I have the switch (not installed). There should be connectors at both the fender and the switch to plug it all in?

I may get a chance to look under the dash on Sunday. I'll let you know.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #8
The power antennae plugs directly into the switch. There is no other connection. I checked them again this morning.

Reply #9
Quote from: 50RACER;457162
The power antennae plugs directly into the switch. There is no other connection. I checked them again this morning.

Ohhhh, the antenna wire runs all the way from the antenna to the dash? I think I understand now. I figured there'd be shorter wires and a harness connection someplace.

Which car is this? I searched, but wasn't sure if you posted someplace about parting it out. Any other details on the other parts available from the vehicle?
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #10
I have two mostly complete 1987 Turbo Coupes  that I am parting out. One has blue interior and the other has the grey / raven color interior. I don't generally post here when parting cars out.  If folks like yourself are looking for a part that I have, then I will respond. I use mostly ebay and craigslist.

Reply #11
I'll try to review needs this week. Still looking for the antenna. Is there anything else needed to mount it to the car, versus the fixed antenna? I see there's some large bracket on the motor - how does that mount?
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #12
It mounts to a bracket on the inside of the fender.