Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone need a C6? (copy from old site) (Read 909 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone need a C6? (copy from old site)

Might as well copy this over.. seeing as I just posted it tonight over there and THE WORLD (there) IS GONNA END!!! :D

====================

The friend I got my 351W from still has the transmission sitting around, and we just discussed getting rid of it. I figured I'd give this place first crack at it, in case any of you were looking for one.

According to him, it came from an '87 Econoline.. it had my 351W attached to it. There's about 100,000 miles on it, but according to him it's probably 90% highway miles. He has it stored under shelter, with the yoke still in the tailshaft and the torque converter still in place.

If anyone's interested, feel free to make an offer (you can post here or PM me, whichever you prefer.. we can arrange to discuss it in Email or PM or IM) and I'll discuss it with him. I realize we're probably WAY out of the way for most of you.. but if you're in Florida or happen to be coming this way for some other reason, it might be best to pick it up in person. Any possible shipping would have to be discussed.. I don't even know what it would cost to ship something that bulky and heavy. (as I'm sure most are aware, C6s aren't exactly light)

Re: Anyone need a C6? (copy from old site)

Reply #1
Still hasn't gone anywhere.. it's still in my friend's garage.

Reply #2
where in florida? i'm in the tampa area. got any pics of it?
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

Reply #3
I'm in Port Charlotte.. 90 miles south of Tampa.

I tried to take some pics of it where it sat, but it was a little too dark. (my digital camera really sucks) I can stop by that friend's house and take some pics in the daylight, after pulling it out from under the shelves.

Reply #4
Sorry it's been awhile since I updated this.. haven't had much chance to go over to that friend's house and get decent pics. Switching my sleep schedule usually screws up my life for about a week, especially when it comes to things like this.