Skip to main content
Topic: 88hobird vs stock 88 gt stang (Read 1709 times) previous topic - next topic

88hobird vs stock 88 gt stang

i have an 88 sport with the ho swap. As far as mods I have 373's a moroso cold air intake,bbk shorties,underdrive puleys, and custom exhaust "flowmaster" who will win I know their is a weight difference but when i looked on autotrader car facts the bird was shown to be only a 100plus pounds heavier. :dunno:
88 sport 308 e-303, ported e7's, cobra intake, cold air, under drive pulleys, full exhaust, t5, 373's, smog pump removed, 255 pump, pressure regulator.
                        :birdsmily:

Re: 88hobird vs stock 88 gt stang

Reply #1
100 lbs is approxamately equal to one tenth of a second in the 1/4 mile.  It should be a dead even heat, give or take, but pretty close.  This assumes your engines have the same wear, ect.

Reply #2
I strongly suspect there's more than 100# difference.

Reply #3
their is, look on cardomain for weights, they seem to be a bit more realistic. as for the mustang, is it a stick? how about your car? mine is and i know i could beat my buddys auto mustang 1990 with exhaust ram air and some other stuff, but we run about even due to my traction problems:p i have a bout the same setup as you do, except i replaced all the little things with proformance stuff, plugs wires ect, and have LT's

Reply #4
Im an automagic and i forgot to mention i would be runnin on 17x9 cobra rs 245 front 275 rear. question should i run with the stock 14 that come with my car or use my turbo coupe wheels since i can get a 245 on them? :dunno:
88 sport 308 e-303, ported e7's, cobra intake, cold air, under drive pulleys, full exhaust, t5, 373's, smog pump removed, 255 pump, pressure regulator.
                        :birdsmily:

Reply #5
i'd go with the wider tire