Skip to main content
Topic: Is there more to a TC hood than the scoops? (Read 6646 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Is there more to a TC hood than the scoops?

Reply #30
If you wana be original then be original. If you wana jump on the bandwagon then do that. So what if its been done before there arent too many of these cars around in decent shape and even fewer of them being fixed up. There will always be someone who agrees with you and someone who does not, which is great.

Saying that he shouldnt put a tc hood on his car because its been done before is like saying you shouldnt turn your 32 ford into a hot rod or restore that california special just because its been done before....

When I put the hood scoop on my car I had people telling me not to do it (and they all had great reasons:rolleyes: )but I did it anyway because I wanted to not because everyone else liked it. Isnt that the point, doing what you like instead of trying to please others?

All this over a simple question :shakehead
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #31
I have a tc hood on my 3.8 cougar. I know it does nothing but it looks better than the stock hood did, in my opinion. I know probably half the people on this forum have a tc hood on something other than a tc. But where I live I have only seen 3 or 4 fox tbirds and only 2 fox cougars. Most people that have seen my car and are not familiar with fox tbirds and cougars think it is an aftermarket hood. Alot of people don't even know what a tc is. Anyway in my area I have the only cougar with a tc hood. If I wasn't a member of this forum, I would probably never see another cougar or tbird with a tc hood. So in my opinion the tc hood is not overdone because I have never seen another one on the road. Just think to youselfs how often you see another cougar or tbird with a tc hood.(On the road, not the internet) There are some people who like to make their cars look better, and others who think they look good enough from the factory.

Reply #32
Yeah, over the past 3-4 years I've seen...umm. I think 3 with TC hoods...and they were all TC's. Its not common to see them around in the real world. Being in a community such as on this board doesn't count. As far as I know, most things we see being done is online and occasionally by one or two people you MAY know
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #33
shiznit as far as i know thats true, infact i in in the full belief that i am the only one left in toledo that has a decent looking 20th.I worked on one TC and it was from michigan and in most py condition.

Reply #34
Quote from: Chuck W
Maybe I should use your disclaimer Crystal.... :hick: :giggle:

On second thought...nah, I don't need no friggen disclaimer...

That's from my many non-car related arguments ;)

With cars, take it or leave it, I like people's opinions, especially when I'm debating something, but I don't cancel mods cuz someone doesn't like them (just wait till spring...)

Reply #35
yeah this is an awful lot over two holes in a $40 hood
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #36
Quote from: Haystack
yeah this is an awful lot over two holes in a $40 hood

Some people got sand in their hoo-hoos.

Reply #37
Somebody wanna lock/delete this?  I think the questions have been answered.

Reply #38
It's Gumby's fault.