Skip to main content
Topic: 1992 Typhoon (Read 1132 times) previous topic - next topic

1992 Typhoon

Reply #1
Wow, I would sell the Bird to work on that!
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

1992 Typhoon

Reply #2
So would I. I'd LOVE to have a Typhoon!
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

1992 Typhoon

Reply #3
Quote from: Loaded87IROC;284317
Wow, I would sell the Bird to work on that!
I
I know I'm gonna regret it after I sell it-but to tell you the truth I can't afford to work on all these toys(cars). My Mustang and T-bird eat up all of my car budget every month.  Besides I'm a ford man!!

1992 Typhoon

Reply #4
Those Typhoons where ahead of the game back in their day, I heard they could smoke Ferarris! What I would give to drive one for a day.....

1992 Typhoon

Reply #5
The bird would be gone if I were you.
It's Gumby's fault.

1992 Typhoon

Reply #6
I dont believe what i read...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

1992 Typhoon

Reply #7
You guys are going to make me keep this truck! I must admit I've been driving it to work for the last 2 weeks and its fun leaving practically everything behind  that pulls up next to me at a stoplight. Their car may be faster but not too many of them can leave as hard as me. OK so who wants to come test drive it?

1992 Typhoon

Reply #8
Here's a pic of my bird from this weekend. It looks good but I still need to do the whole suspension over, I want to do the seats over and a list of other things. At least with the t-bird we use a lot of mustang components with the Typhoon this is not the case-practically everything is Typhoon or Syclone specific. I can't continue on the bird and put this truck together-The truck is just too expensive. OK know you know my sob story-who wants a test drive now:D

1992 Typhoon

Reply #9
i've never met a car enthusiast that didn't say they wanted a typhoon or cyclone.  NEVER.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

1992 Typhoon

Reply #10
If I were you, i'd really not sell that Typhoon. As uncommon as nice TC's are getting to be, think how much more rare the SyTy's are!!!

Don't do it man, you'll always kick yourself in the ass...

I'd trade/sell ALL of my Tbird stuff right now for a Typhoon...I imagine a lot of us here probably would as well.

And I'm not by any stretch a GM guy ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1992 Typhoon

Reply #11
...until they owned one...

1992 Typhoon

Reply #12
Quote from: 86XR7project;284495
...until they owned one...

interesting.. cant you enlighten me? i've never owned one of course, but im interested in them none-the-less. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1992 Typhoon

Reply #13
I would think since they are so rare, alot of the parts would be quite rare and expensive as well. I'd love to have one but I'm sure it'd be costly to maintain/modify mainly the modification aspect.

1992 Typhoon

Reply #14
wouldnt that put an tycy owner in the same boat as a thunderbird as far as just maintaining it stock?  i would imagine with all of the turbo stuff floating around modifying a typhoon wouldnt be that hard... a pian yes, but do able.  a cyclone (typhoon is turbo and cyclone is supercharged correct?) would be a different horse.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]