Skip to main content
Topic: Cad-T-Bird at the track, YouTube (Read 3557 times) previous topic - next topic

Cad-T-Bird at the track, YouTube

Here's a YouTube of the T-bird at the track.  This one was at 12.739 @ 109.52 and a 1.794 60'.  My best run was in the 12.2 range but the MPH was almost the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e45f9cXcMw

Still trying to get it all right.  Could not run the Nitrous because I did not have a Jacket.  I did not know you had to have a Jacket for Nitrous?  But now I do and one is on order for next week-end.

TED

Reply #1
Cool, gets out of the hole pretty good...

Reply #3
Thanks guys,

I will be down at Portland tonight if anybody wants to come by and say hi.

It's doing some funny things on the street right now but I thinik I got them all worked out.  I got a new jacket so I can hit the nitros tonight if all goes well na.

TED

Reply #4
Here's my best run of the night but it got me tech (no roll bar so my limit is 11.50).  Last time I went I had a 150 hit and it was a real ride, spinning in all three gears.  This time I tuned it to 100hp hit and I thought this would make me legal but when I got done I went faster.  I think this was due to less tire spin.  This run was 1.638 60' and 11.45 et @ 118.90mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTQ8UB733ac

My main goal tonight was to check how tire pressure effected my 60'  times.  I started at 13 and went to 10 (10.5x28 ET drags) 11 was the lowest NA at 1.73 and when I went to 10 it went to 1.83

This will be my last run for the year, need to get the house/yard ready for winter.

TED

Reply #5
Here's the time slip.
TED

Reply #6
holy  that thing is QUIET!!!  nice runs!

Reply #7
My neighbors my not agree with you.  I still have stock cast iron exhaust manifolds with 2.5 exhaust, flowmasters (used so I don't know what ones), and downturns before the axles.

TED

Reply #8
Woo Hoo, nice run...

One criticism, you need to train your camera person on use of the Zoom feature... But video quality is outstanding...

Reply #9
I'm very please with the quality of the picture.  It's only a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W290 digital camera and not a video camera.  But one draw-back is that once you are recording the zoom will not work at the same time.  So it's not my camera person's fault.  I would have liked them a bit closer so I could of had a more level shot and actually see the tires in the air.

Here's one of the engine running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rulAGFNtaC8

TED

Reply #10
Nice, sounds good...

Where'd you get that dark blue paint that's on the block??? In the video, looks like the Ford Dark blue that's getting hard to find...

Reply #11
Nice looking run!
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #12
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;293260
Nice, sounds good...

Where'd you get that dark blue paint that's on the block??? In the video, looks like the Ford Dark blue that's getting hard to find...

The local parts house.  Don't tell me it's hard to find, it's the closest I can get to Cadillac Blue.  I thought this color would be available forever?

One of my favorite engine colors is early Ford Green like they used on Model A's or flatheads.  This color is hard to find.  But it is unique and I think it makes an engine stand out.

TED

Reply #13
If it's Krylon, better stock up as it's discontinued...

If not Krylon what brand???

Reply #14
Dupli-Color DE 1606 Ford Dark Blue

How could Krylon discontinue this color when there are so many Ford dark blue engines out there?

TED