Skip to main content
Topic: Parting out what's left of my '88 Turbo Coupe (Read 512 times) previous topic - next topic

Parting out what's left of my '88 Turbo Coupe

I'm parting out what's left of my '88. Body color is Silver Metallic and interior is leather Charcol/Raven. The seats, however have been replaced and are blue fabric. Most of the good stuff and much of the sheet metal is already gone. What's left are:

Deck lid - $30 (pickup only)
Both doors - $40 each (pickup only)
4 Snowflakes with fairly decent tires - $60 (pickup only)
Front seats - $40 each (pickup only)
Rear seat - $35 (pickup only)

I have alot of the obscure parts, brackets, etc. Don't want to deal with shipping the big stuff, sorry. BTW, I'm keeping it through this weekend. By Monday morning it'll be on it's way to the crusher! Hit me up with what you need! Oh, and the pic is BEFORE it got stripped!

Reply #1
car looks preety good to be a parts car going to the crusher.whats the story

Reply #2
looks  good,  whats the whole story?
:birdsmily:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Reply #3
WTF? can we trade TC's and you junk mine instead?
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #4
Looks can be deceiving!  I bought it as a daily driver intending to fix it up slowly.  It's got 200K on it.  After tearing into it, I discovered the head cracked in 5 places.  No problem, get another head.  Large crack in the turbo housing.  Pretty common, I've got another IHI.  Aftermarket sunroof shoddily installed - serious leaks!  I guess I can caulk it up real good and pray!  And finally, the piece-de-resistance, the previous owner attacked the firewall with a sawzall to remove the heater core, then covered it up with an aluminum plate!  Check my cardomain page for pics.

About this time, I added all the negatives together and decided I needed to find something in better condition.  I only paid $500 for the car and to date, I've sold over $500 in parts!  About the time I made this decision, along came the nice '86 for $900.  Couldn't pass it up!

Just put the wheels on over Labor Day weekend!

Reply #5
I like the new wheels. Do you still  have the intercooler off the t/c? If so how much shipped to 65737?
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #6
Thanks!  PM sent.