Skip to main content
Topic: '83 and '84 Cougars For Sale (Read 884 times) previous topic - next topic

'83 and '84 Cougars For Sale

Hey all,
Well, it has happened again!  As of last Wednesday, I am jobless!  At best, that means that hopefully I'll find another job soon but will probably have to move.  At worst, it means that money is going to be tight and I need to start getting rid of anything I can.  Either way, I have 2 Cougars that need to find a home, hopefully together.  I've put them on the forum before for various parts to sell, now I need to sell whole cars.

One is an '83 LS with V6 and AOD, in good running condition.  It has the busted rear axle and a slightly tweaked front end.  I've removed the front clip, but the fenders should still be OK.  The header was busted, and the bumper cover was messed up, too.  This is a nearly rust-free car and only has 101k on it.  It does have a clear title.  It's loaded, with power everything, Premium Sound, digital dash, lighted coach lamps, etc.  The interior is very nice, but I may decide to keep the seats and console; don't know yet.  The carpet still looks new.  It is a dark gray outside, and dark red inside.

The second car is an '84 LS with V6 and AOD.  The motor runs great, but it does have a coolant leak when it gets hot, which I think is a freeze plug.  It does not smoke like it has a bad head gasket.  The body is dent free, but it does have some rust in the usual places, and some body filler in the driver's rear quarter.  I had planned on using parts from this car to rebuild the '83.  It also has a clear title.  It is also loaded, with power everything and Premium Sound, lighted coach lamps, etc.  Right now the seats are removed and may be sold, and I've also sold the rearview mirrors.  It is a caramel tan outside with beige interior.

I would really like to sell these as a set if at all possible.  I've even got some other parts I'll throw in if they go together; an '88 TC front bumper (no cover), with the foglight brackets, an '88 TC rear bumper cover (silver), and an '88 TC fuel tank.  There may be a few more pieces I could round up.  I would like to get $300 for everything, but that is negotiable.  My main goal is to remove them so my landlord won't have a fit when I have to move.  I can't take them with me if I do end up moving.  I'll just have to find another project car some time later when the situation improves.  I am in Marshall, IL.  I'm within 3.5 hours of Indy, St. Louis, or Chicago.  Somebody please help a fellow Fox brother out!  Thanks.

Reply #1
Another picture and some more info.  The snowflakes on the '83 don't go with it.  It will have doughnuts on the front.  The dash in it is perfect.  The other red panels are pretty much unfaded.  I've bolted the busted rear axle back in so that it can be loaded on a trailer easier, but it will have to be replaced.  The missing taillights from the tan '84 are in the gray car's trunk.  For the time being, the keys from the '83 are MIA, but they should turn up soon.  The keys to the '84 are in-hand, both of them.  They each have the power trunk release.  Please help me out, but also, please don't ask me to part them out, because I'm just not going to have the time.  If they don't go soon, they'll be making a trip to the s yard, which I will really hate to do.  Thanks again.

Fordman3

Reply #2
Hey, it's me again.  Well, the good news is I have got a new job, but the bad news is, now the cars have to go even quicker.  Anybody out there interested?  Please let me know.

Fordman3

Reply #3
Bump!  Seriously folks, I really need to find these 2 a home, and am very willing to deal.  They're about to head to the crusher.  Please help!

Fordman3

Reply #4
Sent you a PM about the '83.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #5
I'll be up in Chicago this weekend, and I will also be in chillicothe. How far away are you from Chillicothe, Ill?

Reply #6
If you want to part with the rear bumper cover on the 84 I may be interested.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #7
yellow86coogr,
According to Yahoo, Marshall is 189 miles from Chillicothe.  I don't know if that's a deal-breaker to you or not, but I will be home this weekend and you're more than welcome to 'drop by'.  I just don't want to see these cars squished.  Let me know if you think you might like to come over.

ChuckW,
Man, you really still need the '83!!  Just kidding, but I'd still love to see it go home with you.  Yes, I'll sell the '84 bumper cover, but I know I won't have time to try to box it up and get it delivered.  Can you or somebody you know pick it up?  Maybe your friend in Marshall?  Hey, do you think he would have any interest in either of the cars if the price was right?  I thought I'd ask.  Thanks for the interest, and let me know something.

Fordman3

Reply #8
Quote from: fordman3

ChuckW,
Man, you really still need the '83!!  Just kidding, but I'd still love to see it go home with you.  Yes, I'll sell the '84 bumper cover, but I know I won't have time to try to box it up and get it delivered.  Can you or somebody you know pick it up?  Maybe your friend in Marshall?  Hey, do you think he would have any interest in either of the cars if the price was right?  I thought I'd ask.  Thanks for the interest, and let me know something.

Fordman3

PM me about it and what you might want.  If you can just stash it somewhere, I'll probably be able to just come pick it up.  If you can't hold onto it, I may see if Bob can grab it and I'll pick it up from him.

If the '83 didn't need the extra work on the front and I wasn't trying to pare down my collection a bit I'd seriously think about it.

Chuck

Reply #9
Your only 3.5 hours away from me, which would be a bit easier to deal with. I traded the mach1 in on an 06' F150 with a tow package. I also am in the process of trying to buy a house, which I will know soon as to weather It will be mine sometime tonight. I am unsure of restrictions right now, but if I'm allowed I may very well come buy them from you, now that I have the ability to tow, minus a trailer, which I may borrow for a price. I will be gone after today, so I will have to get back to you next week about this possibility.

Reply #10
Hey...yellow86... if you happen to make the trip to pick these up, might I be able to meet up w/ you to grab that bumper cover perhaps since you'll be passing by? :hick:  I guess is depends on whether you buy both cars or not.  I really could use that bumper cover though :D

Reply #12
yellow86coogr,
Sending a PM now.

Fordman3

Reply #13
am I to late to maybe get the front tirm peice for the passeger side in front of the wheel with the light cut out. Please please?  It should be bolted and taped on. do you take paypal. Oh also how much with ship to 65737? once again please?:hick:
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird