Skip to main content
Topic: $9.99 cougar on ebay ending June29 (Read 2139 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: $9.99 cougar on ebay ending June29

Reply #1
Humm lets see it has the POS 3.8, a 7.5 rear, weak V6 AOD, needs paint, mashed rear bumper, broken mirror, probably has rust in the doors and elsewhere......

Yep I'd say $9.95 was about right...

Hey Bird351, it it wasn't so far away you could buy for the radio... :D

Reply #2
Quote from: Cougarcruisin
no bids

I wonder why? :giggle:

Reply #3
As much as I could use a radio in the Mark, I wouldn't touch that auction with a ten foot pole. I really don't like when people put extraneous religious messages in trivial things like that. It's like if the rest of you found an auction for a parts T-bird or Cougar or LSC or Mustang that said "Glory be to the death of all Americans and Canadians, jihad, jihad, praise Allah". (come to think of it, I'd find that just as repulsive.. if not just a wee bit more) Someone who can't leave religion out of a ten dollar auction doesn't need my ten dollars.. I don't care how much I might want a specific part from it.. I'd rather listen to the A/C a few more days.

Anyway, if I ever got a Cougar, it would have to be in at least the shape my '86 is in. Someday I'd like to have one T-bird, one Cougar, and one Mark. Don't exactly know why, that's just how I'd like it. And no more parts cars unless I'm looking for something really big that my current project/parts cars can't provide. The title transfer on that thing would be more than what someone offered me a radio for.

Reply #4
Quote from: Bird351
As much as I could use a radio in the Mark, I wouldn't touch that auction with a ten foot pole. I really don't like when people put extraneous religious messages in trivial things like that. It's like if the rest of you found an auction for a parts T-bird or Cougar or LSC or Mustang that said "Glory be to the death of all Americans and Canadians, jihad, jihad, praise Allah". (come to think of it, I'd find that just as repulsive.. if not just a wee bit more) Someone who can't leave religion out of a ten dollar auction doesn't need my ten dollars.. I don't care how much I might want a specific part from it.. I'd rather listen to the A/C a few more days.

Hummm... I didn't read the text, just looked at the pictures....

Nice thing about the internet, there are lots of pictures :nono:

Reply #5
Pwetty pictures.. *droOl* :wtf:

Oh yeah, before I forget.. and WAY off topic.. but I got the injector seal kits today. The injectors you sent me go in tomorrow, barring any more rain like today. (got like 3.5" in 2 hours.. most of the front yard and driveway was flooded)

Reply #6
i'd take it and part it out if it wasnt 88 miles from me... maybe if he paied me for towing id be up for it lol

Reply #7
Did you notice the munched rear quarter?
So what is the price for s these days?

Reply #8
You know, this is pretty sad...the friggin car is TEN DOLLARS and people are bitching about it!!!...and it RUNS/DRIVES!!!  :rolleyes:

Reply #9
Geesh, I was just saying

if anyone lived by there and wasn't too much of a drive. You could prolly strip watever is good and resale. Maybe make something outta it. Try a mod if the piece is good.

Yikes, i'll never post anything again about this kinda stuff.

Reply #10
yeah I dunno about that. Might throw 10 bucks at him for the hays manual. I didnt see that much wrong with it. Miles above my first cougar.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #11
I emailed him, told him ill pay him more then the car is selling for + shipping for the doors, and dash... thats quite alot of shipping now that i realize it :(.

Reply #12
Quote from: Cougarcruisin
Geesh, I was just saying

if anyone lived by there and wasn't too much of a drive. You could prolly strip watever is good and resale. Maybe make something outta it. Try a mod if the piece is good.

Yikes, i'll never post anything again about this kinda stuff.

What you posted was fine....just letting everyone else know about a deal. What gets me is that no matter how cheap something is, someone is going to complain about it. A single part on that car is worth $10 if someone needs it....even wrecked you could put it on the road with a $400 price tag on it and sell it...think about it...WHAT can you buy today for transportation for that kind of scratch?!?...Not much and that is certainly nicer than most.

Some may not like what I am about to say but it needs to be said so tough....sometimes the truth hurts and if it gets people motivated to help organize owners as a group to help save their cars then great...that is the intent.

The general problem is that most people are going to "Cheap these cars to death" meaning that people are being TOO cheap about them. No business is going to consider this a viable Market if people even complain about an entire car for $10...if the market won't pay that for an entire car then what is the incentive for someone to reproduce the obsolete front lights for these cars?...that's right, they won't.

I personally run a business that caters to Mark VII's and have found a similar attitude which is why I stopped making parts for the cars and am thinning down my used part inventory. This attitude is exactly why I haven't serviced the Tbird/Cougar market...why bother if it won't even help pay the electric bill.

Don't take this is a rant or bitch session...rather a wake up call. If you guys are enthusiasts then try to make something positive so that companies will actually be interested in making parts for your cars otherwise they will slowly fade away and parts will get harder and harder to find. I speak from experience with the SVO Market...I make parts for those cars and few out there make things or service that market but there was an interest shown so a few stepped up.

I joined this site on recommendation of a friend who is here and I thought about maybe focusing more on Tbirds and Cougars where I could help but honestly so far I can't find a single smart business reason why I should even attempt it. I may still make the patterns to produce a quality leather kit for the Turbo Coupes but right now only because I want a set for my own car....I doubt I would sell a single upholstery kit based on what I have seen.

I know first hand of other companies that are phasing out and discontinuing performance parts for the Tbird and Cougar......its sad but they see the same thing. If you guys are happy about being phased out and forgotten then great but you have nobody to blame but yourselves for letting it happen if you want any aftermarket support for your cars.

I am genuinely trying to help you guys out here with this "rant"....you are not going to have a second chance...either speak as a group and support the companies that currently support you or they will disappear from supporting your cars in the future. The trend that is blatently obvious as an impression on this and other forums is that nobody wants to pay for anything and even if it is free there is a good chance nobody wants it. That is not a good impression to give if you want performance or reproduction parts to be offered to help you keep your cars running.

I am barely supporting the Mark VII market now compared to the effort I put into it in the past...this is the fault of this same impression and attitude which is overwhelming over on sites like FvC. You have Aerobird here supporting you guys and maybe a few others...don't give them the same reasons I was given for my decision...nobody is independently wealthy and can provide parts for you guys because they "want to"...they need to at least be able to pay for one of their bills even if done as a hobby to make it worthwhile.

Reply #13
I think I'm going to bid on it. I'm wondering what kind of gas mileage the v-6 got. I could probably fix that thing up for pretty cheap and have it as a daily driver.

Reply #14
Quote from: svopaul
What you posted was fine....just letting everyone else know about a deal. What gets me is that no matter how cheap something is, someone is going to complain about it. A single part on that car is worth $10 if someone needs it....even wrecked you could put it on the road with a $400 price tag on it and sell it...think about it...WHAT can you buy today for transportation for that kind of scratch?!?...Not much and that is certainly nicer than most.

Some may not like what I am about to say but it needs to be said so tough....sometimes the truth hurts and if it gets people motivated to help organize owners as a group to help save their cars then great...that is the intent.

The general problem is that most people are going to "Cheap these cars to death" meaning that people are being TOO cheap about them. No business is going to consider this a viable Market if people even complain about an entire car for $10...if the market won't pay that for an entire car then what is the incentive for someone to reproduce the obsolete front lights for these cars?...that's right, they won't.

I personally run a business that caters to Mark VII's and have found a similar attitude which is why I stopped making parts for the cars and am thinning down my used part inventory. This attitude is exactly why I haven't serviced the Tbird/Cougar market...why bother if it won't even help pay the electric bill.

Don't take this is a rant or bitch session...rather a wake up call. If you guys are enthusiasts then try to make something positive so that companies will actually be interested in making parts for your cars otherwise they will slowly fade away and parts will get harder and harder to find. I speak from experience with the SVO Market...I make parts for those cars and few out there make things or service that market but there was an interest shown so a few stepped up.

I joined this site on recommendation of a friend who is here and I thought about maybe focusing more on Tbirds and Cougars where I could help but honestly so far I can't find a single smart business reason why I should even attempt it. I may still make the patterns to produce a quality leather kit for the Turbo Coupes but right now only because I want a set for my own car....I doubt I would sell a single upholstery kit based on what I have seen.

I know first hand of other companies that are phasing out and discontinuing performance parts for the Tbird and Cougar......its sad but they see the same thing. If you guys are happy about being phased out and forgotten then great but you have nobody to blame but yourselves for letting it happen if you want any aftermarket support for your cars.

I am genuinely trying to help you guys out here with this "rant"....you are not going to have a second chance...either speak as a group and support the companies that currently support you or they will disappear from supporting your cars in the future. The trend that is blatently obvious as an impression on this and other forums is that nobody wants to pay for anything and even if it is free there is a good chance nobody wants it. That is not a good impression to give if you want performance or reproduction parts to be offered to help you keep your cars running.

I am barely supporting the Mark VII market now compared to the effort I put into it in the past...this is the fault of this same impression and attitude which is overwhelming over on sites like FvC. You have Aerobird here supporting you guys and maybe a few others...don't give them the same reasons I was given for my decision...nobody is independently wealthy and can provide parts for you guys because they "want to"...they need to at least be able to pay for one of their bills even if done as a hobby to make it worthwhile.

Exactly Paul,  I've made a couple small attempts myself at supplying items...and it was like I couldn't give them away.  Even when I worked at KB as was able to get Fox Tbird parts built and on the shelf..they sat there.  There are things that our community NEEDS..esp in regards to restoration parts, but hell everyone wants to be cheap asses about it.  Hell, you can't even buy a "bolt-in" performance exhaust for these cars.  That is something that should be a no-brainer....but is one available?  Nope.

Anyway..I can rant on and on myself about this, but it really does no good.  I'm just glad I have the ability and contacts to do what I need to do with my vehicles....good thing too as all are "orphans" save for the '87 Ranger (83 Tbird, 84 Cougar, 80 Cougar, 86 XR4Ti, 88 Scorpio).
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo