Skip to main content
Topic: '83 Turbo Coupe......Lower Price.....$3,750 (Read 791 times) previous topic - next topic

'83 Turbo Coupe......Lower Price.....$3,750

-no, before you ask i'm not leaving 'Birds behind, even though i'm not around as much as i have been. just changing directions on some things and trying not to have so many things going on. so any way, i'm going to try to sell my '83 turbo driver. i've had it for 2 years now. i bought it in Orlando, Fl. and drove it all the way back 500 miles and had never sat in it before. it has been well cared for even before me.  it shows almost 79,000 miles on it. it has been painted somewhere along the way in its life. not the greatest, but still a good decent one. interior is flawless. leather seats are great. dash pad like new. would need a few trim panels to be perfect as some of the tabs are broken on some with the age and heat cycles.  runs smooth, idles fine. shifts good. EVERYTHING works on this thing except for cruise control, and thats because the cable end is broke off. just needs another cable.  radio, voice alerts, lamps, keyless entry, etc all work.  and on the passenger side door, the screw tabs are broken out also, so that the arm rest will not stay on correctly. i just went and had the package shelf recovered right before Christmas, but its been so cold here(see snow in photos) that i have not installed it. so the back seat is presently out. has new plug wires, dist. cap, rotor button, plugs, etc. previous owner had some new a/c lines made(yes a/c works) and they put a new turbo on it. it seems to have a bad headgskt in between two cyl. as it blows white smoke and needs water added at times, but is not in the oil. never skips or stumbles.  i have bypassed the heater core at the moment also, as it needs new heater tubes as they were leaking.  but other than any of this she's road ready.  i also have installed CHE rear control arms on it, and replaced the 14" tires/wheels with mustang pony wheels and Saleen embossed center caps.  tires are goodyear eagle ls 225-60-16.  any questions feel free to ask. i do have a copy of the original window sticker in the car, as it was sold new at Bill Currie Ford in Tampa, Fl. this is not a "have to"  sale. i just have some other things i'd like to do. asking $3,895. will entertain offers, but no guarantees made. can call me on my cell at 256-223-9809.  thanks.

as she sits now......

-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #1
that car is awesome. love the interior! glws
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

Reply #2
Sell the SHO! Keep this one!
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #3
Quote from: DVP;306332
Sell the SHO! Keep this one!

lol....you know its always funny about selling a vehicle.  you have one, everbody wants it, offers you money for it, of course you wont sell it.  but then the day comes along, and you decide to sell it, and where is everyone who wanted it????  couldnt be found within 500 miles of it.  at the present i have this up for sale, had my MTX SHO that everyone wants one of up for sale, and my daily driver Ranger GT, that NO-ONE can ever find one of in good shape for sale.  So everyone wishes i would sell them.  so now i have  them all listed and not one person has even remotely said anything about them, except,...."I wish...."  and, "good luck with the sale."......    Its so comical....:hick::rollin:

Reply #4
Quote from: shorangerbird;306373
lol....you know its always funny about selling a vehicle.  you have one, everbody wants it, offers you money for it, of course you wont sell it.  but then the day comes along, and you decide to sell it, and where is everyone who wanted it????  couldnt be found within 500 miles of it.  at the present i have this up for sale, had my MTX SHO that everyone wants one of up for sale, and my daily driver Ranger GT, that NO-ONE can ever find one of in good shape for sale.  So everyone wishes i would sell them.  so now i have  them all listed and not one person has even remotely said anything about them, except,...."I wish...."  and, "good luck with the sale."......    Its so comical....:hick::rollin:

Yep, almost as confusing as a woman. I rather see you keep this because I know its in good hands and will stay in great shape. SHO is just another Taurus, White MTX 95s arent too common but the TC is another world. I dont know what it is about it but this is one of those cars that I really admire.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #5
I like the turbo lettering on the bottom, I haven't seen that before. Too rich for my blood though. :(

Reply #6
i love this car if it wasnt completly inappropriate i would say hold it till i get done with my army training witch im leaving for in 11 days :) but i will check when i get home to see if its still here

Reply #7
Nice ride.  Definately don't see that everyday anymore.  Sorry to see you selling it, but a good looking car.

Reply #8
Quote from: DVP;306484
Yep, almost as confusing as a woman. I rather see you keep this because I know its in good hands and will stay in great shape.

i would like to keep it, and i guess i will as no one is beating down my door to buy it...:flame:...but its just a priority thing right now. i want to sell it to do some other things i'd like to get done.....and i've still got my Dads '87 in my sig, and that sandalwood '86 i traded for a few months ago.....

Reply #9
Quote from: DVP;306484
Yep, almost as confusing as a woman. I rather see you keep this because I know its in good hands and will stay in great shape.

i would like to keep it, and i guess i will as no one is beating down my door to buy it...:flame:...but its just a priority thing right now. i want to sell it to do some other things i'd like to get done.....

Reply #10
lowered the price to $3,750........