Skip to main content
Topic: yellow kitty fer sale - $1000.00 (Read 1073 times) previous topic - next topic

yellow kitty fer sale - $1000.00

Yes I am serious this time. Car has a very solid & strong HO. 5 lug conversion, 5 speed conversion completed by 5.8FastCat. Dyno @ 265 rwhp. 8.8 rear supposedly out of a 95-98' Cobra. Exhaust also completed by 5.8fastcat. Custom cold air intake, sub frame connectors plus all of my extra parts listed in my signature, including tc coupe seats, extra set of set of sub KB frame connectors, Drivers manual seat plus many other small components I just want to get rid of. There a many pictures in my signature for this car as well, as well as pics of many of my extra parts. 1st $1000.00 and it is all gone.

Fenders and doors in Signature link are for 87-88' Cougar

Reply #1
Are getting away from the Cougars?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
:( Say it ain't so man
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #3
april fools is too far off,,, this has to be a joke??

Reply #4
I just don't see me having any real time soon to be messing with it, and with the strong feeling of maybe moving soon, it would be allot to tug around. Thanks for the sentiment, now somebody come buy it.........please.

Reply #5
I am not going to consider it at the moment but my boys and i enjoyed the vid's you have.

I am too darn close to being out of debt (hopefully) and I need to get my wife and oldest boy in a car.  Mason wants an 88bird, Wife will take whatever but my god she deserves a nice car for once in her life. 

Chance (12yr)however wants your yellow coug.  He currently has 500 of his own money.:D  He thinks your a bonehead to sell it:flip: but i told him dont ever forget the times when we had to make cash quick to cover bills during layoffs.  I told him this is probably just a case of "gotta clear house and bank some money quick.  I hope everything is ok your way, your yellow coug has always been chances favorite.

Reply #6
if not at the very darned least, it would make a killer donor car. its nye impossible to get a running car for a thousand bucks never mind something like this.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #7
Thanks for the comments guys. The car has rust issues. Probably should have mentioned, but am use to everyone knowing that. Digital cameras are deceiving. There are few tiny small holes in the strut tower as well. There is 205,000+ miles on the body of this car. The floor boards have some rust, but I'm not gonna rip it up to look, but it is not through the floor from what I can tell anyway. There is a large rust spot on the trunk from the wing as well as well as rust on the doors and fenders. If I get a good day, I'll try to put these up as well. Interior is original as well, but there are no tears in the seats that I am aware of. Brakes lock up after about 20+ minutes or so and am tired of trying to have it fixed. There are quite a number of newer parts as well as old parts to this car. I have receipts for EVERYTHING that has been done since I have had it for the past 17 years. It was a 3.8 V6 with a 3 speed automatic. Nothing in the drive train is original except Maybe the power steering pump. I have spent WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY too much on this car, especially since I had the work done and am no mechanic. There are ALLOT of annoying issues with this car as well. Rear defrost does not work, cruise does not work, air no longer works as well as there is some issues with other electrical things as well. I was originally going tom transplant everything once I got my blue car back from my son, which will be this year sometime, but will most likely sell it off as well. There is a bit of traveling in my future and I can't exactly be dragging a bunch of cars with me, at least it doesn't make sense to anyway. The good part is that if you put some drag radials on, it should not have a problem doing 13's, I would think anyway. 265 at the rear wheels is a bit fun.

Reply #8
Gonna try and list everything that has been done to the motor here as well if I can. Some of this stuff is obviously out of my league as far as details. I got this from my mechanic when it was first done.
Machined .010/.010/.030
9.8 to 1 forged pistons
Edelbrock Aluminum heads Summit #6037
Edelbrock Upper n Lower intake #3821
Edelbrock 65mm TBI/EGR #3824/#3827
Edelbrock camshaft #3722
Edelbrock timing chain set
Modine #3 row high efficiency radiator. I hate the underdrive pulley, which suks in trafic
Interactive system n technologies Mass Air flow system w/24# injectors
Summit racing 155 liter/hr fuel pump
True duals with shorty headers
High performance starter with heat shield
3g alternator
The 5 speed in the car is not friendly going into 2nd, unless you baby it - synchronizer of course
I was told the rear is a 3.73, and was told later by guys trying to fix my brakes that it was an 8.8 out of a 94-98' Cobra. So the rear is disc brakes
I am sure there is more but all I can remember for now.

Reply #9
When do you need the car gone?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #11
I want to buy this car.  Please call me so we can work out the arrangements.

740-603-5836.

Thanks, Johnny C.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #12
Dont Do It!!!
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #14
. I just got my w-2's and was going to drive to philly.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com