Skip to main content
Topic: Proportioning valve. (Read 628 times) previous topic - next topic

Proportioning valve.

I have a 88 tbird LX 5.0. Front disc, rear drum (mustang 8.8). Noticed the front plug in the proportioning valve leaking. Not getting a whole lot of stopping power from the rear so I'm getting nervous. If anyone has anything let me know. Thanks guys!!!

Proportioning valve.

Reply #1
My rear brakes were 5% stopping power of the front, passed saftey fine. id try fixing the leak.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Proportioning valve.

Reply #2
The car was stopping much better before 2 days ago. Might end up getting an adjustable wildwood valve

Proportioning valve.

Reply #3
Bumpskiiiiii

Proportioning valve.

Reply #4
I have one from an 88 turbo Coupe. Don't know if that would work with what you have.

Proportioning valve.

Reply #5
No. I think they are different.

Proportioning valve.

Reply #6
Yea that turbo coupe prop valve will give the rear brakes too much stopping power
Find one the same as yours or use an adjustable prop valve.
I'm doing my brakes right now and I'm using a wilwood adjustable valve, it's a nice piece, your probably going to need some adaptor fittings to get it into your current lines but it's worth it.
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

Proportioning valve.

Reply #7
Any idea if a fox mustang prop valve will work???

Proportioning valve.

Reply #8
Stenholm

I have an 88LX that im parting out, you pay shipping and the prop valve is yours.

Justin