Skip to main content
Topic: windshield (Read 874 times) previous topic - next topic

windshield

For reasons I'm not going to explain, I need a windshield.

North missouri preferred, rather not take a chance on having one shipped in.

Wife is paying for it...that ought to say enough. :mad:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

windshield

Reply #1
Ho man that says it all .... At least it's only the windshield

Few months ago I had a buddy with a 4 eye stang get all the windows busted mysteriously lol uhh

windshield

Reply #2
Well, I'm a little happier today. Buying a couple of brand new guns will tend to have that effect.
Yeah she knows...(that I don't care...that is.) LOL

I'm gonna get a couple of quotes from the 2 glass places tomorrow...shouldn't be more than 200 bucks. Like I said..her dime though. (means our dime, though, really. .)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

windshield

Reply #3
Yea new guns will do that :)

windshield

Reply #4
I got one couple years ago installed for $125
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

windshield

Reply #5
Quote from: Haystack;419040
I got one couple years ago installed for $125

That's a pretty good price. I need a new one - I have a crack from the bottom corner edge on the driver side that has worked itself halfway up the window and inward a few inches.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

windshield

Reply #6
http://diamondglass.com/get-a-quote/

seems to be the.going rate. free install anywhere around Utah.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

windshield

Reply #7
Quote from: Haystack;419046
http://diamondglass.com/get-a-quote/

seems to be the.going rate. free install anywhere around Utah.

Yeah, I don't know. Around here they seem to go for $200-250.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

windshield

Reply #9
Y'all need to move to Kentucky. Windshield glass is a no deductible, no out of pocket replacement. I've had three replaced and never saw an increase in my rates.
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

windshield

Reply #10
Quote from: Seek;419053
Yeah, I don't know. Around here they seem to go for $200-250.

Same rate around here too. I paid $245 to have the glass replaced in my Focus after a rock was kicked up into the glass and the crack was too big to fill.

Quote from: Scott D;420054
Y'all need to move to Kentucky. Windshield glass is a no deductible, no out of pocket replacement. I've had three replaced and never saw an increase in my rates.

If they can fill the crack it's free here. Now if you need a windshield and the cost is under your deductible you're paying for it out of pocket.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

windshield

Reply #11
I've got a Cougar windshield in Waterloo, Iowa if that works. Send me a PM if interested.