Skip to main content
Topic: One touch down driver's window. (Read 4027 times) previous topic - next topic

One touch down driver's window.

Reply #15
nice work

what is the cost of the switch new , not used


One touch down driver's window.

Reply #17
Was there a thread about using a little blue box to do that?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

One touch down driver's window.

Reply #18
Bumping.  The new car needs one touch mod, but I'm going to go cleaner this time.  I've been hording window switches and studying the module more. I'd like to see if anybody can double check me on the breakdown of the module.  I'm also working on a similar idea with the module off of a Five Hundred smart window motor that might allow auto up AND down.
X

One touch down driver's window.

Reply #19
Interesting idea

One touch down driver's window.

Reply #20
FOE came up with this I THINK and it WAS A GREAT MOD. He has all the details if memory serves me. Great mod and very ingenious!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

One touch down driver's window.

Reply #21
after swapping to manual seats, I find the switch panel fairly useless. I am going to replace the window and mirror switches and put them on the doors to free up some room for a headphones jack and charger setup with single cup holder. I like to have my phone where I can get to it.

I also want to take the standard lighter panel and put two or three more plugs for chargers for gps inverters ect.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

One touch down driver's window.

Reply #22
Quote from: Haystack;413228
after swapping to manual seats, I find the switch panel fairly useless. I am going to replace the window and mirror switches and put them on the doors to free up some room for a headphones jack and charger setup with single cup holder. I like to have my phone where I can get to it.

I also want to take the standard lighter panel and put two or three more plugs for chargers for gps inverters ect.

After you move the switches, get some pics up.  I'm curious.

One touch down driver's window.

Reply #23
Quote from: TOM Renzo;413226
FOE came up with this I THINK and it WAS A GREAT MOD. He has all the details if memory serves me. Great mod and very ingenious!!
This is still the original thread, I bumped it to get some sharp minds back on it with me.

One touch down driver's window.

Reply #24
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;413243
After you move the switches, get some pics up.  I'm curious.

I have a couple different ideas. one is to use the old late 70's and early setup ford truck door mount. the other is to mount the window switches where the lock/unlock switches are.

for the mirror, I wanted to integrate the mirror switch onto the little triangle trim price above the door panel. I can't remember what car it was, but the window switch was mounted this way with a toggle to control each mirror individually.

ideally, id rather just convert everything to manual controls. I see no point in having so many power options when you can reach everything from the drivers seat on a two door. now a wagon/4-door,'it makes a lot more sense.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

One touch down driver's window.

Reply #25
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;413244
This is still the original thread, I bumped it to get some sharp minds back on it with me.

I know it was your baby and i think you have all the bugs out of it and working if memory serves.

I totally like it as a good mod. I am working on door poppers for the midnighter. I hate the door panels on the T BIRD so i removed them and the handles. In the process of having new flat pannels made. Like i said i hate the factory panels they suck.  The switches for the poppers are going to be in the console. Outside will be stock. Also the window switches in the BIRD work backwards. For the life of me i do not know why ford reversed them. I always push them the wrong way to open the windows. So i am planning on moving the window switches to a different location. But have not figured out where!!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

One touch down driver's window.

Reply #26
Went with the down-only module.  It's much nicer with the stock switches. Like a couple others said, this is essentially the blue Taurus module, but smaller and slightly more free.  I may add one to the other side, but for now driver's side is good enough.  If I do, I'll have to splice the power and ground for the second module.  I'm still going to keep working with the full auto module, but I'll have to find a good one first.


Re: One touch down driver's window.

Reply #28
This ended up being voltage sensitive.  At anything above 14v, it works pretty good on both windows, but when voltage dips, it ends up running about 2 or 3 inches at a time.  BUT, it has at least been a robust mod that's been in the car almost 10 years and still works the same.