Skip to main content
Topic: 7.5" lsd (Read 862 times) previous topic - next topic

7.5" lsd

Guys, I'm looking for a limited slip diff for my 7.5 that I can afford, Probably from a Mustang or Ranger.  I was planning an 8.8, either irs or solid, but I decided to buy a house instead.  As an alternative, I'll just keep my 7.5 for now, but I seriously need better traction.

7.5" lsd

Reply #1
all 3.73 ratio 7.5's should be posi.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

7.5" lsd

Reply #3
I've got a Track Lok from my Sport's old rear..it's 2.73.

It's really in my way, and needs to get out of here. Tell me exactly what ya need, if interested and I'll take some pics and send them along...?
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

7.5" lsd

Reply #6
If you are not in a hurry...the original 7.5 3.45 trak lok (getting tired) maybe available from my 86 XR7.  As I have purchased an 8.8 as a upgrade.  It is mint.  Probably July...Im also from Mt. Pleasant, MI

Travis

7.5" lsd

Reply #9
I have an '85 TC Stock 7.5 Axle Assembly (3.45 Trac-Lok) sitting outside (mostly covered) right now. After I pull the control arms and shocks you could have the whole thing for $50. To the best of my knowledge it has just over 100K. Mine is not mint, and I'll likely break my current 7.5 and need it, but I'd also like to help a fellow Michigander out!

Ann Arbor, MI - By the way.

Cooter

7.5" lsd

Reply #10
Hmmm, come to think of it, I also have a Traction-Lok that is in near new condition sitting amongst my inside stored TC and XR7 stuff. That one would cost more, but I don't know what a fair price is. $120 sounds reasonable, but imagine this is out of your needs range as you indicated you didn't care about clutch condition, and an 8.8 likely can be found for near that kind of money.

Either way, let me know if you're interested.

Cooter