Skip to main content
Topic: weird noise from front brake (Read 1010 times) previous topic - next topic

weird noise from front brake

Hi everyone,

I'm new to board though I've owned my 86 cougar for going on 10 years. Unfortunately it has spent most of that time in garage waiting for that restoration I've been planning. Long story short I"m tired of waiting and have decided to get it at least road worthy. now for the problem, I replaced the brake line and hose at the rear and while bleeding the brakes I heard a pop and no pedal again. I thought great one of the front brake lines split, but I was unable to find any brake fluid anywhere. What I did find was that when I try to pump the brakes after a few tries i hear what sounds like air escaping behind the driver front wheel and again I saw no signs of brake fluid. Its definitely behind the wheel and not up by the booster. Do any of the vacuum lines go down that far?  Any way I was cold and frustrated so I've called it a night but as I sit here and think about I can't even Imagine what it could be. Any thoughts?

Reply #1
Smoked proportioning valve?
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #2
check your booster vacuum line to firewall and bung on the booster itself?  loose bleeder on drivers front caliper?