Skip to main content
Topic: Another 255 V8 Question- Headers & Exhaust Manifold Compatibility (Read 2705 times) previous topic - next topic

Another 255 V8 Question- Headers & Exhaust Manifold Compatibility

Reply #15
That 255 is a weird motor, I cooked mine due to loss of internal oil pressure with no sign whatsoever.  That was 20 years ago, but it was quite the weezy motor from the get go.  I bet everything Ford put into that motor was oddball, I wonder what they had parts left over from to use for the 2 years they ran the 255?

Another 255 V8 Question- Headers & Exhaust Manifold Compatibility

Reply #16
Quote from: beast50;424422
That 255 is a weird motor, I cooked mine due to loss of internal oil pressure with no sign whatsoever.  That was 20 years ago, but it was quite the weezy motor from the get go.  I bet everything Ford put into that motor was oddball, I wonder what they had parts left over from to use for the 2 years they ran the 255?

it wasnt that oddball of a motor. the heads were severely restricted, as was the intake and exhaust, but that could be cured by bolting on the heads, intake, and exhaust from a stock 302. the bore on those motors was 3.68" with a 3" stroke, and us inline six guys use those pistons in the old 250 to bump the compression up where it should be. also a cam swap does wonders for the little 255, and so do gears.
64 falcon
66 mustang
05 grand marquis

yeah though i drive through the valley of rice

i shall fear no turbo for torque art with me

thy rod and thy piston they comfort me