Skip to main content
Topic: help unscrew me please...(removal of power seats) (Read 1296 times) previous topic - next topic

help unscrew me please...(removal of power seats)

hey guys...and gals. ive come into a delema. i need to remove some turbo coupe seats asap. the problem is that i had moved the seats all the wat back and down to work on the car. i never removed the rear bolts for the seats. :slap:  all the electrical in the car has been either cut or yanked. so now i cant move the seats forward to get to the back bolts. :shoothead  is there any way i could jump the controle switch to move them back to the front position or am i screwed? :dunno:  id greatly appreciate any help ...thanks again guys...john
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Re: help unscrew me please...(removal of power seats)

Reply #1
Is the seat wiring harness intact (between the switches and the seats)? If so you can connect power to the black wire with white stripe at the switches, and ground to the solid black wire. This should get you power to move the seats around...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Re: help unscrew me please...(removal of power seats)

Reply #2
thanks mans...worked pissah...thanks again...john
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~