Skip to main content
Topic: whats up with my media player? (Read 1603 times) previous topic - next topic

whats up with my media player?

so  it seems every time i go to watch a movie on my windows media player it gets all digital on my and after a few seconds it's ok . is it a virus. bc i looked at updateing the  thing but that didnt work .  ideas?
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #1
Quote from: CougarCoupe88
so  it seems every time i go to watch a movie on my windows media player it gets all digital on my and after a few seconds it's ok . is it a virus. bc i looked at updateing the  thing but that didnt work .  ideas?

A few questions....

explain, "gets all digital", What OS are you running? What version of MP? Are you sure the vids are in good quality to begin with?  Does not sound like a virus. Give me a lil more information and ill see if i can help.

Reply #2
digital . gets boxy and breaks up kinda stops but doesnt. yeah man the best quality they want you to sign up dont they so of course they will put out good quality movies lol. but yeah movies i have seen on other comps work till mine. (got them on disk).  anyway. this comp is windows 98. and windows media player 7. worked fine all this time . and im not fond of the newer one i got that on my xp comp.  oh yeah this is a compaq presario. 5050. any more info ?
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #3
windows 98 had lots of problems,  I would first start with reloading your video drivers, then uninstall and reintall MP. I would seriously try to get MP 9.0, or the latest version available for 98, being it isnt supported any longer by Microsft im not sure of the latest version.  You could always try another player like Realplayer,  but then again being 98 not sure if there is a version available.  Then again it could just your CD rom----try coping the files directly to your HD, see if they play any better.

Reply #4
ok i'll try what you said. i only asked bc it does this with my newer computer (dell) with xp and the updated player so i thought it was a virus. but it could be the wmv they seem to give me the problems not the other types