Skip to main content
Topic: "Functional" oil pressure sender, digital dash (Read 1829 times) previous topic - next topic

"Functional" oil pressure sender, digital dash

I'm looking to make the oil pressure gauge on my digital dash move, instead of just constantly display 5 bars all the time. I can't seem to find the part number for the sender (the large one) that makes the gauge move. Does one for a 5.0 Mustang work or do I need a different one? If you've done the conversion let me know what part number you used. Thanks.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1
Would the BWD S334 work? http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/BWD0/S334/03438.oap?year=1988&make=Ford&model=Thunderbird&vi=1140310&ck=Search_oil+pressure+sensor%21s%21switch_1140310_3405&keyword=oil+pressure+sensor%21s%21switch#itemDetailTab_
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
Not sure, but I'm in for an answer as well.
Mike

Reply #3
I am not sure what your asking

are you saying you want to parallel in an buttstuffoge guage to supplement the digi?

Reply #4
Quote from: jcassity;461317
I am not sure what your asking

are you saying you want to parallel in an buttstuffoge guage to supplement the digi?

See here: http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?29842-digital-oil-guage

I want the stock digital dash oil pressure gauge to function like a gauge.

Reply #5
got it,, nice explaination over there.

yeah i knew the smaller pres switches were snap switches sorta.

I grafted a 87 5.0 body harness from a full digi cluster car into my 87 3.8L car to convert it to 5.0.

i saw the brick on the new harness but it was not present on the old.

im gonna have to pay close attention to this when we finally get to start up.

Reply #6
I'm just curious if anyone is running the BWD S334 and if it works correctly. If not then which sender does :hick:?

Reply #7
Uh bump. Anyone use the BWD S334?

Reply #8
It'll work.

Don't expect it to read like a fully manual gauge. It'll move a little, but not as much as you'd want if you were trying to get an idea between hot/cold pressures.

You need some type of extension tibe to go with it. That sender will not thread directly into the block simply due to It's dimensional size. The threads are correct. It just won't fit.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #9
I've got the extension tube. I just need to pick up the sender. I'll grab it on my next parts store run.