Skip to main content
Topic: It's been a while... (Read 639 times) previous topic - next topic

It's been a while...

a long, long while.
So how's it going everyone?

It's been a long and interesting half-year. The sad rotted carcass that was my black '86 Cougar has been hauled away and I replaced its position in the driveway with a boat while my '88 patiently sits awaiting spring. I've recently considered selling the '88 but can't help but smile every time I look at it. I've spent the majority of my time on the job hunt going on interviews and sending out applications but with the economy, many positions have dissolved and many other companies aren't eager to work with a recent grad. Thankfully I slipped into a full time position at the place I've been working part time for the past four years but I really want to have a chance to use my degree. That's about it on my front, I just wanted to stop in and say hi and I'll be around more often. Doesn't look like too much has changed around here although the new banner looks sweet. Looks like I have a ton of reading and catching up to do...

It's been a while...

Reply #1
Sounds good bro, as a junior Im trying to find a summer internship, ehhhh lol blah blah nothing we dont already know, see how it goes. I hear ya though. On topic for the site, good to hear the kitty tugs at your heartstrings like that. ;)  That's a really nice cat, hope ya can hang onto it. All I know is Im married to mine pretty much. I couldnt ever part with it voluntarily. Everyone's different. Do what's right for you, but good to hear you can keep it safe from winter anyway! :D Got myself a beater this fall, greatest feeling EVER to finally be able to let the cougar sit til its nice out again!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

It's been a while...

Reply #2
I'm glad to see you back. I was wondering if you pulled a Dare and went out a bought a v-6 mustang or something.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

It's been a while...

Reply #3
Hey Zonda, you still have that old Buick?

V-6 Mustang... haha never!

It's been a while...

Reply #4
welcome back! Speaking of dare where the hell is he?
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com