Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone remember drivers ed? (Read 1733 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone remember drivers ed?

I was messing around on the MVA's website since I'm stuck at work and have nothing better to do. They now have this new thing online where soon to be drivers can practice before taking the real test to get a learners permit. These questions are extremely simple but it's the choices that you are given that are flat out hilarious. It just brought back all those memories of drivers ed and how obvious the correct answer was and how silly the other options were.

If you get bored and want a laugh, take the test. The questions change some each time you take it.
http://mva.state.md.us/DriverServ/ROOKIEDRIVER/tutorial/Tutorial_intro.html

This one had me laughing.
Only Maryland would pose a question where you (pimpin in your red CRX) approach an intersection that has a handicapped vehicle, an emergency vehicle and a blind man all trying to go through at the same time. This is a tough one. Notice there aren't any stop signs either :hick:

Reply #1
Ive been wanting to post a question about something and i guess now is the best time.

Speaking of drivers ed, my brother in law went to school in canton ohio.  He said that he remembered a debate on speed limit.  The question was "what is the speed limit if you can see the next visible speed limit sign?"

here is the situation..........

Brother in law is going up hill behind a van in a 25 zone single lane.
road opens to double lanes and the speed limit sign is visile from that point showing 45.

Brother in law gets pulled over just prior to the sign.
While sitting there getting a ticket for doing 40 in a 25, there sits directly in front of him a sign that says speed limit 45.

Any opinion?
His Drivers ed teacher settled the debat by saying, "the speed limit is the speed of the sign in which you can see ahead of you"

this one is kinda tricky if you ask me,, what do you guys think?
I guess what my brother in law is asking is,,,,"where is it dospoogeented the actual speed limit starting point"?  I always thought the speed limit started where the sign was placed and beyond that point but cant find any wording to support it.

Reply #2
You are right. The speed limit starts at the exact spot where the sign sits, not when you can see it.

When you are in a 25 and you see the 45mph sign ahead, you have to stay at 25 until you reach that sign.
If you are in a 45 and you see a 25mph sign ahead, you must be slowed down to 25mph by the time you reach that sign.

Reply #3
Quote from: 5.0willgo;195305
I was messing around on the MVA's website since I'm stuck at work and have nothing better to do. They now have this new thing online where soon to be drivers can practice before taking the real test to get a learners permit. These questions are extremely simple but it's the choices that you are given that are flat out hilarious. It just brought back all those memories of drivers ed and how obvious the correct answer was and how silly the other options were.

If you get bored and want a laugh, take the test. The questions change some each time you take it.
http://mva.state.md.us/DriverServ/ROOKIEDRIVER/tutorial/Tutorial_intro.html

This one had me laughing.
Only Maryland would pose a question where you (pimpin in your red CRX) approach an intersection that has a handicapped vehicle, an emergency vehicle and a blind man all trying to go through at the same time. This is a tough one. Notice there aren't any stop signs either :hick:

Blind guy has first right of way, then the crossing red Honda. (there are no stop signs but there are lines indicating a required stop) The cripple and the cruiser may then cross if there is no other crossing traffic, cop has right of way ONLY if the cripple is making a left turn. The Handicapped plate means Jack shiznit, same with the light bar on the cruiser if it's not lit.

Reply #4
Somebody PLEASE tell me that passing that test isn't all that's required to get a license in Maryland. I mean, I think my four year old niece would've passed it...

Then again, I've seen some drivers act like four year olds...

This one was particularly funny (and was my first question) - get a load of the driver of the car :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #5
Didn't I see that someone was in law enforcement here on the forum
a little bit ago?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
Quote from: daminc;195336
Didn't I see that someone was in law enforcement here on the forum
a little bit ago?

paul i believe
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #7
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;195335
Somebody PLEASE tell me that passing that test isn't all that's required to get a license in Maryland. I mean, I think my four year old niece would've passed it...

This one was particularly funny (and was my first question) - get a load of the driver of the car :hick:

NONE of the above. D) Stop hot-roddin around in your red shaved-emblems-more-expensive-than-the-car-wheels Civic hatch. :hick:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #8
A lot of people seem to forget that even if there isn't a crosswalk, if there is a sidewalk on both sides of the street, or even one side of the street, it is considered an unmarked crosswalk and the pedestrian has the right of way. The pedestrian always has the right of way unless their is a light or crossing signal saying otherwise.

Keep in mind that implied crosswalks aren't valid in all 50 states. I know its valid in AL,GA,MD,NH,VT for example.

Reply #9

Was so long ago I don't...

Oh wait now I do... In WV, we had to to hitch up the mule...

And no drivers ED on Tue or Thur cause they needed the mule for shag education class...:hick:

Actually I never took Dr ED...

Reply #10

that pic would help me with my road rage lol:hick:
seems to me its easier to get a drivers license now than it is to get a credit card
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

Reply #11
I got all but one right but I dont live there so i have no idea what the fine will be if you get caught speeding in work zones... I know in NY they will be doubled. I cant believe some of the questions though it told me I was well prepared to take the Drivers Law Test.
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Reply #12
I saw a sign recently that said license will be suspended if caught speeding in work zone.

Buffalo, NY
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #13
Quote from: JeremyB;195355
A lot of people seem to forget that even if there isn't a crosswalk, if there is a sidewalk on both sides of the street, or even one side of the street, it is considered an unmarked crosswalk and the pedestrian has the right of way. The pedestrian always has the right of way unless their is a light or crossing signal saying otherwise.

Keep in mind that implied crosswalks aren't valid in all 50 states. I know its valid in AL,GA,MD,NH,VT for example.

When my wife & I ran into that for the first time while we were in Mystic, CT a few years ago. We were walking down the sidewalk stopping quite a bit looking around while facing the other side of the street and passing cars kept stopping for us as if we were going to cross. After quite a bit of this happening we asked a local and they told us that it was the law and if a car doesn't stop for a pedestrian that attempting to cross the street regardless of a crosswalk they would get a ticket.
After that we were much more careful with our sightseeing because I'm sure we were g off everyone that was having to stop for no reason.
In Michigan, even at the crosswalks you had better be carefull that someone doesn't run you ass over. :hick:

Brent
:cougarsmily:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #14

License, no. You do have to pass it to get a learners permit. I remember when I went for mine, I sat in line for a half hour, took the test in less than 5 minutes and then sat for another half hour waiting to get my permit. I don't think the people at the MVA liked it when I chuckled at some of the questions because I got a dirty look from the administrator when I was finished.