Skip to main content
Topic: 1986 Cougar GS (Read 385 times) previous topic - next topic

1986 Cougar GS

1986 Cougar GS
Price: make an offer
I posted this car a while back here and had a sale pending but it fell through due to logistical issues.

The car comes with No Engine or Transmission
pictures can be seen here

The body is in good shape but both front fenders are trash. The rear bumper is also cracked. Other than that, there is very minimal rust at the rockers and a trace of bubbles beginning at the lower rear quarters. The doors however are rust-free. There is no damage to the rest of the body save for a parking lot ding here and there. The frame rails are rusty at the towers and is probably irreparable without replacement. There is also a hole rusted through the driver's side floorpan (see pics at photobucket).

As you can see from the pictures, the car is pretty stripped. It has dual manual seats, crank windows, manual locks and a manual driver's side mirror. No tilt wheel, no passenger side mirror and no rear window defroster. Originally a 5.0 car, it has a double hump trans. crossmember and a 7.5 traction lock rear. The driver's side axle is bent. The body has about 106K miles on it. I have a couple spare parts that will go with it that are 85-86 Cougar specific as well as the original cruiseless A frame steering wheel.

The car will not come with the 10 holes pictured but will come with the black steel wheels I got it with. Pictures of them on the car can be found at my cardomain page. The original TRX wheels will go with it if the buyer would like them. Obviously, the car will have to be towed. I am giving this ad until Saturday morning and if there are no serious takers, the car will be stripped and junked by Monday morning.

Here is your chance to resurrect this lightweight cat either to its former show-room glory or to a full blown race car. Or of course there is the option of a solid parts car.

If you are interested or have any specific questions, please post here, pm or email me.
My email is fiveowillgo@hotmail.com

1986 Cougar GS

Reply #1
you know these cougars look sweet in black, Now I wanna paint my white one to black :-p

Your 1986 GS is in better body shape then mine, but the inter. is better in mine I think :-p 

Good Luck

and Free * Bump *
.: Lastest :.

1986 Cougar GS

Reply #2
Bump - 2 days left

Please don't let this car turn into a Kia :hick:
Make an offer, any offer!