Skip to main content
Topic: Convertible Ad. (Read 4172 times) previous topic - next topic

Convertible Ad.

While cleaning out my basp00get I came across a 1985 Motor Trend magazine and in the back I found this.

I'm sure some of you have seen it but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Notice it says Thunderbird convertible. Apparently, it was an option but did anyone actually buy one? Makes you think...

Convertible Ad.

Reply #1
that means there has to be some out there. Cause i know the mark VII was done, we all know the cougar was done. Wheres them  birds! Other then that one red one you guys have pics of.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Convertible Ad.

Reply #2
What wheels are on that Cat'? Looks almost like daytons? As for a bird vert.... I can only hope they did. A fila vert at that:bowdown:

Convertible Ad.

Reply #3
Quote from: 84 Fila;174103
A fila vert at that:bowdown:

Good luck on that one buddy.

Convertible Ad.

Reply #4
Hey, a mans got to have dreams

Convertible Ad.

Reply #5
Hi!,

On the picture is a cougar 83-86, but I never see a Tbird convertible, I'm in doubt it existed, anyway, I don't see any 4 eyed Bird around Me, except My bird :-0))

Best regards
Dom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1985 Thunderbird 3.8 carbed 57k original, summer car.
1980 Econoline inline 6 300ci 300k, winter/working.
1988 Base Bird finally crushed... RIP.

Dominique,  The Ridiculous, Fordus, crazyous!!!  :birdsmily:

Convertible Ad.

Reply #6
I'm I the only one that noticed that they said they could do it to call them. That doesn't mean that any were made. They are just letting you know they can do it.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Convertible Ad.

Reply #7
they must have we have seen one there has to be more somewhere!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Convertible Ad.

Reply #8
Anyone wana try to call the number and see if they can/will make a bird into one ( if it still works I mean)

Convertible Ad.

Reply #9
Quote from: 84 Fila;174133
Anyone wana try to call the number and see if they can/will make a bird into one ( if it still works I mean)

Uh no... :rolleyes:

Maybe you're just into wasting people's time with assinine questions....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Convertible Ad.

Reply #10
Ok, Ok I get it. I can't say a single thing non tech. Got it

Convertible Ad.

Reply #11
Quote from: 84 Fila;174142
Ok, Ok I get it. I can't say a single thing non tech. Got it

:shoothead

how bout if you wanna know, you pick up the phone yourself and call? fingers broken?
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Convertible Ad.

Reply #12
904 area code is down here in florida.
louie  :birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]       
My famous last words:
It seemed like a good idea at the time.        88TC R.I.P.      88 Sport build in progress

Convertible Ad.

Reply #13
That's an '84 Cougar convertible in that ad. I have the brochure for it...that same lady with the ultra-cool 1980's flip hairdo is in the brochure.

Coach Builders Ltd. was in Gainesville, FL. I had heard somewhere that they either moved or got absorbed into another company. Isn't the 937 area code where Gainesville is now?

It's entirely possible that aero Fox T-Bird convertibles exist. I have yet to see one though. I think for all the torture that I and other Cougar owners have put the T-Bird guys through for all these years about the Cat convertibles, finding a T-Bird one would be sweet justification for ya. ;)

Convertible Ad.

Reply #14
Here's the company info:

Coach Builders Limited Inc.
1410 South Main Street
High Springs, FL 32643
Parts/Service: 386-454-2060
coachbuilders@alltel.net
http://www.coachbuildersltd.com/

Looks like just the area code changed on the phone number, compared to the original 1985 ad. Nice.

So...who's calling? ;)