Skip to main content
Topic: '86 Cougar GS, whole or parts (Read 387 times) previous topic - next topic

'86 Cougar GS, whole or parts

I was messing with the cars today and while looking over the '86 I found some nasty rust issues that combined with evertything else are leading me to get rid of the car. The driver's side floor is rotted through and there is bad rust at the base of the strut towers where they meet the frame. Due to these problems and the other problem areas of the car, it is just too much for me to take on right now.

So here is the plan. I will do one of two things.
1. Sell the car as a whole sans current engine and transmission  (*edit see second post)
2. part it out

Please leave feedback because depending on how much interest I get in either part of the plan will decide what I'll do with the car.

The details.
'86 Cougar GS original 5.0 AOD car (engine and trans don't go with car)
7.5 traction lok rear - 1 axle is bent
no rear defroster
no passenger side mirror- just a manual driver's side mirror
no cruise
no tilt wheel
no power locks
dual manual seats
crank windows

The body on the car is good but has its fair share of dings with the exception of both fenders and rear bumper which are trash. The paint flat out sucks. Doors are rust free and free of any other damage.

If you are interested in the whole car, make offers. If not, I will be parting it out and there are plenty of good parts on it.

Also I ask to please bear with me since I'm working a lot now, it may take me some time to get the ball rolling on all of this.
I have big plans for the white cat so help me make them happen :D
Car is located in Rising Sun MD, 21911

Reply #1
Adding this

if you are interested in the entire car, it will come with an engine and transmission just not installed.

Engine: 88 Lincoln 5.0 HO with ported E7TE heads
Transmission: AOD that will eventually need a rebuild.
Both of these currently reside in the '88.

Also everything to do an HO conversion will come with it.
HO speed density computer
set of 19 lb injectors
HO intake manifold, throttle body and spacer.

Reply #2
So what's going in the 88;)

I'd be interested but you're a hell of a hike from Chicago, and I can't drive the car back.....
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.