Skip to main content
Topic: Power Steering Pump mounting bracket modification *ACTUALLY WAS OEM AT ONE TIME* (Read 183 times) previous topic - next topic

Power Steering Pump mounting bracket modification *ACTUALLY WAS OEM AT ONE TIME*

A long while back i posted a thread about my "white" coug now black i was building for my youngest boy chance.

I modified the power steering pump mounting bracket which in its natural form we all know,, the aluminum mounting bracket "surrounds" the pump itself and does not allow you to remove the pump unless you have the special tool to remove the pully.

I noticed the pump is bolted to the braket with 3 bolts and lets say at the 12, 4 & 8 o'clock locations viewing it face on.

I broke out my bandsaw and cut away the minimal metal in between the 4 & 8 o'clock position and got a lot of ball busting for doing so.
Fast forward to me taking vacation in 14' up to reading pa to do nothing all but enjoy time with my Bro' in law, my son's and a member here "jayandmustangs" aka "justin" as we all hit the vast wealth of junkyards.
I stumbled across a ford that i dont remember the car,,,, but from the factory it had this very same quality.

I am going to do a vid on it and also capture the casting number for the sake of information preservation / knowledge of this forum so others can make it useful if they like.

stay tuned.

Re: Power Steering Pump mounting bracket modification *ACTUALLY WAS OEM AT ONE TIME*

Reply #1
here is the link to my showing ford actually did a cut out of the mounting bracket

https://youtu.be/6HAZiw97igQ