Skip to main content
Topic: model cars... (Read 3431 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: model cars...

Reply #15
whered the headlight lenses go? lol

Reply #16
Ok..I only have one car model these days...it's one of the IMSA Mustangs.  There are no decals on it because I had a tragic accident with the clear coat.  Had it all decaled up and pretty and put the sealing gloss coat on it.  As it dried it clouded up.  At that time I realized I had used enamel thinner with the acrylic clear....oops :brick:
It peeled off in sheets.  After I got it all cleaned back up I just decided on a body in white.  I have two more of these kits and I'll do another in full regalia.
I dechromed all the parts under the hood as well as the wheels...I hate chrome...
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #17
Here's where my real modelling interest is...military jets....
A Israeli Phantom F-4, an East German Mig-29 and a WW2 German Arado B234 night-fighter

Reply #18
And finally the current projects....
83 TBird conversion, German Phantom RF-4E, and a F7U-3 Cutlass.

Also..note no dust on my models  :grinno: stored under glass.......

Reply #19
DUDE! that 83 conversion is SICK!
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #20
i need to get back into the swing of building my models, i have another fox stang convertable i started, but im going to swipe some parts from it before its done and do some custom work to it

i have a 92 GT convertable with the pony wheels to build, a 63 pickup, and an mn12 nascar, that im going to build lacking the nascar decals in favor of some headlights, tail lights and some more street legal items
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #21
Well, I forced myself back into it a bit a couple months ago by going to a local show/contest.  I entered a couple of the planes just for shiznits.  The "spotted" one took a third ;).  I've gotten busy again and of course been pulled away again.  My problem is I can rarely build a kit "out of the box"..and I'll get bogged down in the details. (For example, on that unfinished Phantom...I scratch-built mini recon cameras you can see through the ports)  I know how things should" look (esp on cars) and it makes it hard for me to let them pass knowing that they're not right.  I've got to dig up another one of these 83 drag car Tbirds for tail-lights..the originals are toast, but the bulk of that build will be from the 87 kit.  I've been eyeing my euro-Capri or the VW Scirocco as one of the next cars I do...
I have LOTS of kits...100+ from what I remeber, so I have plenty to keep me busy.
I need to crank up the airbrush and start shooting paint on those two planes I have sitting there.  It's a big boost to the motivation when they start to get color on them....

Reply #22
Oh yes I do have some Tbird models, just unpacked them today. :ies:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

model cars...

Reply #23
wow, didn't know this thread was here, had to do a search, found this by accident.
I'll try to take some pics of some of my models, and post 'em here...
One of my projects is a 71 Duster with a V10...

Really nice cars, guys, I really think that 83 Tbird is the cat's ass, no pun intended...and airplanes...I've got a few, all in unfinished condition.
got an F-18 Hornet, F-15 eagle (new, just bought at wal mart last weekend for 3 bucks) B-17, P-47 Thunderbolt, P-40 razorback, coupla others that havn't been unboxed in a long time
Have over 75  cars and trucks at last count, probably more like 125 by now...mostly ford stuff, but to be fair have quite a bit of gm models as well
Got several Nascar kits, I like the racecars, but hate detailing them...
Used to collect hot wheels too, till it got too unwieldy having boxes of stuff everywhere, I gave them up, also have a few (about 25-30) 1/18 scale die cast cars...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

model cars...

Reply #24
this isnt even the big one.

model cars...

Reply #25
I picked up a candy-apple red '63 T-bird Sport Roadster Hot Wheels at Zellers the other day. Too awesome. Kind of like this, but darker red, with a different black striping design.