Skip to main content
Topic: Cutting/porting upper intake (Read 3469 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Cutting/porting upper intake

Reply #15
fordmuscle did a good write up on this but i think you frequent that site also.  i think there is some theory here that its "more" important to port the exhaust rather than the intake.  If making it bigger all the way around then there is a lot of grinding that can be done on your bowls yet.

having fun,, :) ?  thats what its all about.

i know that sancho did his the very same way and was not too impressed from what i can remember of his closing comments on his port/polish episode.

Reply #16
well I still don't have any gaskets to match them to, so I really haven't worked the runners yet. the rusty exhausts were ones that I worked on months ago, and i just got around to workin on them again

yeah I've been to fordmuscle plenty, printed out a couple of porting guides

the exhaust would be more important cuz the exhaust port has both the valve guide boss and that stupid thermactor bump.

and sancho probably just did his wrong :p

Reply #17
this may be a dumb question but.... which heads are those? E7s??
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #18
yep e7s

Reply #19
So did you put the upper back together?

Reply #20
nah been busy. finals are in 2 weeks  :bricks1:  :wtf:  :barf:

Reply #21
Have to agree with hawk on that one.  He is on the ball, most people want you to tell them what they want to hear not what you think.  Also he has one sweet bird that Im building a copy of.  looks identical but mine will be portifino blue clearcoat metalic.

Reply #22
well see, everyone on messageboards assumes you have the money to get the best stuff out there. I'm not making a 10-second Tbird, I'm trying to squeeze all I can out of my tiny, itsy-bitsy budget. so when I'm trying to make the best of stock stuff and people tell me to spend hundreds of dollars on something, of course I'm not going to take their advice. I know there's people on here who are full-time college students like me and can only work so much, thus can only make so much. If I didn't have my credit card maxed out a a grand, I'd buy stuff to make my car a real runner. maybe after christmas and my bday (end of feb.) I'll have made enough to pay it off, but now I've had to start a new job delivering pizzas because after the 14th of jan. I won't be able to work but 16-20 hours at my current sheet metal job, and I'm not going to be going to school and work nonstop from 8 am to 12 pm

Reply #23
Quote from: zpyro
I know there's people on here who are full-time college students like me and can only work so much, thus can only make so much.

know how that is, but starting tomorrow, I'm a free man. Last final tomorrow evening and college's over (until I need to go back for more certifications but I refuse to think about that). 8-5, here I come :wtf:
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #24
yeah my last day of school is wednesday, then finals are next week, then i'm free to work my ass off!! yay!