Skip to main content
Topic: Tools you've made yourself. (Read 2628 times) previous topic - next topic

Tools you've made yourself.

Reply #15
Mr Cassity hang tight they are on their WAY. Some cool breakers for testing are included as i promised
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #16
Great!,,
I also use a mid trip dc breaker but for quickies i just use a circuit breaker.
its never "not" opened up before.

like i said, once upon a time i had to just "look for the smoke",, found it and replaced harness, this was on a Grand Am.

cant wait to get the ign switch mod done, the more i stare at it the more and more its like at the least two relays would be needed,, but thats a different topic for later.

Reply #17
J Remember do not slave the ignition portion that runs the car!!!! If a relay fails you are STUCK. And they do fail from time to time. So look over the prints and do not isolate the running section of the switch. You know the section that feeds the ECM ETC!!! Thanks !!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

Reply #20
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;396735
You've got to be careful with those breakers, I knew a tech a couple years back who would use them to diag circuits.  He'd put one in and follow the smoke, no joke.  Dude was crazy.

The wire is useless once you let the smoke out of it...LOL  I have used the circuit breaker to test for a short too, just got to be real careful.
Mark W.
Prescott Valley, AZ
1988 Mercury Cougar LS (original owner)
:mullet:
1997 Mercury Villager 140,000 miles
2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 72,000 miles
2004 Ford F-250 SuperCab 6.0 liter (aka 6.0 sicko) diesel 24,000 miles
1976 Ford F-100 Full Size Ranger Auto w/360 V-8 103,000 miles
1993 Ford Mustang (last year of the fox) 5.0 5 speed 130,000 miles
2005 Honda Civic EX 5 speed 32,000 miles
2004 Honda VTX 1300 motorcycle 13,000 miles[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

Reply #21
let me explain this tool
Found the blade in our garden when i was tilling back in the late 70's.
I made a handle for it and its been my corn knife ever since.

what the picture shows is a little off so this is called my brake line bleeder helper.
-tilt your steering wheel down
-pump up the brake
-put the blade on the brake pedal
-bow the knife until the handle is on the lower part of the steering wheel back side (at the 6 o'clock so to speak)
-now it should look like its dangerous : ) all bowed up
-go out to your zerk fitting and loosen, the corn knife straightens out and keeps presure on your pedal
-tighen brake line fitting, pump up pedal, insert the corn knife, go back out and bleed your brake.

basically its help when there is none.

Reply #22
here is another angle of my spring tool in action.

notice the control arm bolt with a modified head... that is a must to do or you wont get the bolt out.,,just some advise i took from someone here a long time ago and its well worth it.

Reply #23
OK foe simmer down!!!

Reply #25
Top photo from left is a front pump remover for a tranny. The second tool is a chevy steering wheel snap ring press. The third is a spanner puller for carrier bearings ETC!! The forth is a hydraulic line separator for GM slave cylinders. And the last tool is a water pump rotators for some gm timing belt adjusters. The bottom photo is a set of alignment jigs to drill LS motors for early alternator mounts. The long rod is an oil pump spinning or priming  tool for fords. And the puller is for the 2.3 & 20 L ford and many other timing belt crank cog remover. I have all sorts of home made tools. Years back tools like this were not available to some degree. Thanks