Skip to main content
Topic: B&M Hammer install.... finished pics added.... (Read 3748 times) previous topic - next topic

B&M Hammer install.... finished pics added....

Reply #15
Cool shifters,but you guys are crazy.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #16
Ahh, You may be right. I don't have a console yet to judge size, or distance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #17
Quote from: vinnietbird;231864
Cool shifters,but you guys are crazy.LOL.

trust me, im not doing this by choice, it was necesity....  but in retrospect, I should have just done the  T5 swap...  would have been cheaper, and more enjoyable....:toilet:

Reply #18
1wild brd, you should of bought the mustang one so it would  fit in the whole and it also is a lot shorter. I had that one first but broke the handle off then I ordered the mustang one as a replacment. But looks good I never made mine to fit maybe I will wait to see what you do!!! lol
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #19
^was gonna do that, but that one doesnt come with a cable, (which is why I went with a new shifter... mine (the cable) broke)

the mustang console Hammer uses the stock cable....  for the same price as this one was....

I figured ah what the hell, I am fairly decent at fabricting stuff, I will make it work...

Reply #20
you had to buy the AOD shift rod and mount right
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #21
yeah.  I will be installing that (hopefully) later this morning....

Reply #22
ok I have the cable all hooked up, but I screwed up the pan gasket so I have to remove the tranny pan again tomorrow and redo that.  The good news is the tranny fuild was still nice and red and no burned smell... 

and I have the console cover just about done...  so far I am liking it....

Progress pics...

Reply #23
Awesome !!!! You did great !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #24
meh... I could have done better, but after working on it for 12 hours today, I had enough lol.

Thanks...

I decided to call it done for now and painted it black...  looks much better now.

Reply #25
How does it "connect" to the console?

Reply #26
the two bolt holes in the center, and it still retains the factory tabs underneath to lock into the outer sides....  take a close look at the pics of it in primer....

Reply #27
as you can see I scratched the driver's side a bit, so I will have to redo it later, but I am happy with it for now....

Reply #28
Great job man. I hope you don't need the lighter though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #29
Looks nice:D

Really vs the stock floor shifter is it any better? Just wondering.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.