Skip to main content
Topic: I think I've been hacked (Read 3487 times) previous topic - next topic

I think I've been hacked

Reply #15
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;310216
I was thinking about this this morning and I have come to the conclusion that it's highly unlikely that you were hacked. I say this because generally, when people's accounts get hacked, the hacked accounts are used to either sell high ticket items (such as laptops, PS3's, etc that don't exist - the buyer pays for the item and the hacker runs away with the money, leaving you to deal with the mess) or they buy a high ticket item and pay with a stolen credit card, then run away with the item and leave the credit card holder to  deal with the mess, who then does a chargeback and the seller gets scammed. It's not very likely that a hacker would simply continue making purchases that you made of items that would be of little use (or little value) to the hacker.

More likely I'd say it's a glitch with eBay's checkout system. Another possibility is that if you did buy through your iPhone, T-Mobile may have re-sent the data packets that contained the purchase data...

but 7hrs later?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

I think I've been hacked

Reply #16
Thinking back, I remember they bought more stuff at the ebay store we were just at, then a couple days latter they went electronics shopping. But the shipping address wasn't ours, so the card company gave us a call.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

I think I've been hacked

Reply #17
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;310216

More likely I'd say it's a glitch with eBay's checkout system. Another possibility is that if you did buy through your iPhone, T-Mobile may have re-sent the data packets that contained the purchase data...

doesnt the iphone reload whatever page you have open everytime you go back to the browser(safari)? is it possible that it kept reloading the page and repurchasing the items by mistake when you went to check your mail. it wouldnt explain the time difference though.
i have an itouch but never use the internet on it, no signals around here that arent locked/filtered.
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

I think I've been hacked

Reply #18
Summit had no problem with cancelling the transactions, so I'm good now.

in other news, the lers I PAID for will be here tomorrow. :)
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

I think I've been hacked

Reply #19
Once, in college, I got really drunk and bought a gaudy black leather cowboy hat on ebay.  I don't even remember ordering it until it showed up.  What an ugly hat. 
Maybe you had a few too many and ordered some lers?

"Friends don't let friends ebay drunk."
My car is a gravity hybrid.  The gasoline engine gets me up the hills, and gravity gets me down.

I think I've been hacked

Reply #20
Nope. I hardly drink, and when I do it's a Bud Light or two. nothing to get me snockered.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]