Skip to main content
Topic: 1987 turbo coupe a4ld transmission line (Read 1260 times) previous topic - next topic

1987 turbo coupe a4ld transmission line

On hte tranny lines going into the transmission ony my 87 there is nut and the line goes through it. The line can be pulled and pushed a tad bit when holding the nut firmly. There appears to be some type of a bushing in there. Can these be replaced? My ranny lines are leaking where the tube meets the nut. Anyone know where I can buy pre bent lines?

I've never seen any contraption like this before. What is it with ford and their mickey mouse shi*? Please help.

Reply #1
Yes, you can buy these at autozone.  I recently had to replace two on my car when I swapped the motor.  They wont leak for years.. but the first time you touch them they will seep.

Wait!  I just remembered that the TC uses 3/8's tranny line as apposed to the V8's 5/16's line.  Check to see if they have a dorman catalog available.
One 88

Reply #2
They dont have anything. I just called autozone, they told me they can't get any lines, no even for the v8. Anyone have any ideas? Or know why the leak?

Reply #3
You don't need to replace the line if its only leaking at the fitting.. Just replace the fitting.
One 88

Reply #4
Where do I get the fitting? How are the fittings removed and installed? Special tools required?

Reply #5
bump

And if it helps anyone, i found a part number, but they are discontinued from Ford. So I cant order them. The local parts store have them for the smaller thread, such as that on the v8 cars. (i looked becasue my 1987 v8 lines are already out of the car.)

Ford number
From Manual: n804799-S100

New Crossover number:
ezaz-7d273-a

What do you guys do when you have tranny line problems?

Reply #6
any suggestions?