Skip to main content
Topic: X/H Pipe length Questions (Read 997 times) previous topic - next topic

X/H Pipe length Questions

Just for curiositys sake has anyone replaced an H or X pipe with an H or X pipe and found out they were different lengths? I bought an o/r H pipe to replace my cat X pipe and found it to be 2 inches too short . Dummy me thought they would be the same length even though they were from different manufactuers . NOT lol  . Oh well back to the ler shop . Does anyone make one for our cars specifically?

Reply #1
I would think they should be the same length. I've had to modify "direct fit" aftermarket exhaust parts many times to fit though.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #2
My Pype's X-Pipe was a direct replacement for the Stang factory H-Pipe it replaced. Nothing different as far as length. Simply a bolt on.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..