Skip to main content
Topic: The teardown for my strut tower to be fixed (Read 4473 times) previous topic - next topic

The teardown for my strut tower to be fixed

So when i bought the car i was told the passenger strut tower was rotted. Thats not a ig deal for me. Then i put it on my lift 2 days ago to find out that the car has passenger frame rot right under the strut tower. So here is a thread that will be updated as much as possible to show you guys all the work being done. Here is the official tear down progress made today. I got the whole nose off and the turbo lines disconnected and the intake out. The turbo will be coming out tomorow if im not working. here is some pics

MODS: cone filter, no cat, flowmaster dumped, boost contoller, 4:10s

Reply #1
That's quite the hole you have there
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2
i have the same problem on my bird  i can see the sparkplugs through the wheelwell

Reply #3
Common to these cars when driven in the winter.

Reply #4
i almost have the turbo off now. i wish there was more room near the turbo.

Reply #5
Wow. How do people miss this when they check out the car before buying?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #6
Quote from: thunderjet302;279375
Wow. How do people miss this when they check out the car before buying?

I saw it, i knew what i was buying. Thats an easy fix for me. Thats not even that much rot. Im just saving the car so it doesnt end up in a junk yard.

Reply #7
1  i dont drive it in the winter and 2 i dont care  i would have bought it anyways  ill fix it later  tought mine seems in better condition  than badstang

Reply #8
yea, that's an easy fix, believe it or not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

rust

Reply #9
man am i glad we don't havr to deal with that kind of problem on the
west coast. the only bad part is that there isn't many cars in the wrecking yards because of their age... i commend you guys to go the
wrecking to find body parts that we here take for granted.:bowdown: