Skip to main content
Topic: *update* - center console panel question - *update* (Read 22140 times) previous topic - next topic

*update* - center console panel question - *update*

Reply #150
how much is shipping? I am interested in 10 of them.
John

Reply #151
Price includes delivery to lower 48.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #152
Kick ass. I did the console conversion few weeks back and have a bad plate so as soon as I get some extra $ come my way, prolly in about 2 weeks, I'll be needing a panel and overlay for Windows/Mirrors only. In the normal push = up, pull = down configuration.

You said you used a blue bulb and it lit up well. Did it light up correctly with the blue tint? And it would work the same way for say....red?
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #153
I was testing with a single LED, so yes, any color light is going to work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #154
Does the combined thickness of the panel and the decal stick up above the level of the console, or is it pretty much flush?  How many lights will it take to get a uniform brightness behind the lettering? One bulb for each or just a few around the periphery?

I gotta say I am very impressed with this project. Very impressed. Lots of times guys get started on these things and never see them through. My hat is off to you, sir!

Reply #155
Thanks.

The panel height is the same as the factory piece, so yes, it is flush.  As for lighting, it's going to depend on personal taste and which options your car has, as well as what you're going to use - the factory lighting, additional incandescents, LEDs, etc. 

For myself, I want a 'factory look', so that it matches the dash and interior lighting.  I was planning on putting an LED at each feature but I also want the 'glow' from the vertical edges to accent the switches.  I will probably take some work to get right, but then there will be a nice halo around each of the switches.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #156
Quote from: t3skidoo;351896
Thanks.

The panel height is the same as the factory piece, so yes, it is flush.  As for lighting, it's going to depend on personal taste and which options your car has, as well as what you're going to use - the factory lighting, additional incandescents, LEDs, etc. 

For myself, I want a 'factory look', so that it matches the dash and interior lighting.  I was planning on putting an LED at each feature but I also want the 'glow' from the vertical edges to accent the switches.  I will probably take some work to get right, but then there will be a nice halo around each of the switches.

Sounds reasonable. Be sure to show us a 'night shot' when you get her wired up!

I am definitely in for this. Got some work to do before I get to interior, though. Plus I used all my play money for the short haul. I'll be PM'ing you for a 87-88 TC / two power seats and 'pull for up' on the window decal and EL plate set next payday.

Reply #157
Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead but I've been looking at various ways to restore my switch panel. Are these overlays still available? If so, I'm definitely interested!

Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1986 T-bird 3.8 *SOLD*
1990 Mustang
2004 Mach 1

Reply #158
Here's mine that I restored with my decals I had printed up....

Mine still looks the same after more then two years.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #159
What is the layout on your switch panel? One power seat? two power seats?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #160
Here's a pic of my current switch panel.

X
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1986 T-bird 3.8 *SOLD*
1990 Mustang
2004 Mach 1

Reply #161
Is that panel just held on with the metal tabs or is taped or glued from the backside?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1986 T-bird 3.8 *SOLD*
1990 Mustang
2004 Mach 1

Reply #162
O.K., this costs a bit, but well worth it.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121263155158?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Nothing beats the real thing. Plus, these are getting harder and harder to find.

Reply #163
I was looking at that one last night but I guess it's the cheapskate in me, I can't bring myself to spend that much. :)

I've been investigating creating my own decals with an inkjet. My hang up is creating those lines by the seat controls.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1986 T-bird 3.8 *SOLD*
1990 Mustang
2004 Mach 1

Reply #164
I HAVE THE ANSWER !!!!!!!! $13.00 shipped..........

http://www.dancolettering.com/store/turbocoupe.php

I had forgotten all about this site. I ordered the panel face last year or the year before. It's still stashed away. LOL.