Skip to main content
Topic: Moving again 😎 (Read 69838 times) previous topic - next topic

Moving again 😎

Yep, we're moving again. My wife has accepted an offer for a position at a hospital in Espanola NM. But, due to a a prior obligation, we won't be moving till the end of September.
 It's a big increase in pay for her,  her current base pay and my base pay put together. We spent 3 days there, well in Santafe, and it was very nice. We'll have to get acclimated to the higher elevation but that's nothing really. Now I just need to find work.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Moving again 😎

Reply #1
Congrats to the wife. Sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck in your job search, and with the move.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Moving again 😎

Reply #2
Congrats! New area, new cars to find!

Moving again 😎

Reply #3
Quote from: Fearnot;456910
Congrats! New area, new cars to find!
AND generally rust free... :)

Moving again 😎

Reply #4
Best of wishes.
Mike

Moving again 😎

Reply #5
Thanks guys.  I was looking at some p-n-p's in Albuquerque. One place has 1 83 and 2 85's but wasn't able to stop by.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Moving again 😎

Reply #6
Nice man, if you ever venture north a bit, hit me up. I'm about 25 miles west of salt lake city. The heat is gonna kill you guys, we were over 100 for like 16 days straight and over 95 for like 30 days. Should be about 10 degrees hotter where you are. Though there is little humidity out west.

Elevation isn't any big deal, coming from someone who's been above 4500' my whole life ;).

Best of luck.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Moving again 😎

Reply #7
The heat isn't or couldn't be as bad as it is here in Abilene. The elevation isn't a big deal, it's only 7000'. We both have to take it easy with the alcohol consumption at least till we get acclimated. It actually has.h a pretty mild climate there. Even when the thunderstorms rolled thru, the humidity didn't get crazy.  We drove a 1/2 hr up to the Ski Santafe ski ressort, hell of a view.  We couldn't get to the actual ressort as they are filming a movie. They seem to do a lot of movies there. But we are stoked about the move.

X

X

X

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Moving again 😎

Reply #8
Beautiful views.  You'll enjoy the aspens and other trees' show in a few weeks as fall marches down the mountains... :)

Moving again 😎

Reply #9
Oh, okay. I assumed you would be a bit lower. Elevation changes tempeture, and baking instructions, and boiling water.

Good luck.
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

Moving again 😎

Reply #10
All good haystack. When I get my blue bird road worthy, I'll try to come over that way.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Moving again 😎

Reply #11
I'll have my 88xr7 on the road soon, and I'm always up for a road trip if ya wanna meet somewhere. I've actually never met anyone from the forum in all my time here.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Moving again 😎

Reply #12
I got the good word today that I have a job waiting for me when I get moved out to Santafe. What a load off my mind.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Moving again 😎

Reply #13
Congrats and good luck with the move!
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Moving again 😎

Reply #14
Thanks.;)

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]