Skip to main content
Topic: Boring day off got me to thinking.... (Read 765 times) previous topic - next topic

Boring day off got me to thinking....

As you know, I have the Trick Flow Street heat intake on the Sport's engine. I did have a GT-40 and a couple of Explorer intakes before that. I got to missing my first explorer intake I did up about 3 years ago. I have another in the garage (the upper) to polish, and I also have a Cobra intake (real Cobra intake) and it has a 75mm t-body and 1 inch spacer. I have this tiny urge to get the Explorer piece done and back on the Sport. I'll take a few weeks to think about it. I think I liked the Explorer intake the best because it was mine, done the way I really wanted it, my way. I polished the TF intake, but not much else other than applying an FPV emblem. I may need to do some more visual modding to the Trick Flow intake to make me happier with it. I'll work up a couple of drawings and ideas and see what I think about it.

I need to find something to do. When I get bored, I start doing things like this.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
V-man , What happened to doing your rc cars in that spare time bud ?

Reply #2
Not RC cars, just model cars. I want to build one for a big show in March, but not until I get some stuff done on the Sport. Plus, no motivation for models right now. That usually happens when it's too cold to go out. Right now, the Sport gets all the love.

By the way,Dan....did you get new wheels for the Cougar yet? It's way past due. LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
Are you not happy with the performance with the trickflow intake?
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #4
Quote from: vinnietbird;366579
Not RC cars, just model cars. I want to build one for a big show in March, but not until I get some stuff done on the Sport. Plus, no motivation for models right now. That usually happens when it's too cold to go out. Right now, the Sport gets all the love.

By the way,Dan....did you get new wheels for the Cougar yet? It's way past due. LOL.
V-man , The wire rims are staying put (per) Paula it's her ride buddy.

Reply #5
Dan, I need to have a talk with her.

Reply #6
Quote from: Bruce M;366585
Are you not happy with the performance with the trickflow intake?

Yes, I've always been pleased with this engine, with any intake it's had. As a matter of fact, this morning bright and early, The Sport handed a brand new Hemi Ram truck it's A$$ quite easily. I just miss the looks of the Explorer intake. It had more character. I'll see what I can do to this Trick Flow piece. I'll figure something out. I really don't want to pull that thing off right now. Just missing the cool explorer intake. For now, the Sport is doing well. She is basking in her awesomeness today since the Ram spanking.

Reply #7
Quote from: vinnietbird;366600
Dan, I need to have a talk with her.
Vinnie , She has a very busy schedule now a days so good luck man. :evilgrin:

Reply #8
I'll see what I can do. We'll get a petition going.

Reply #9
I like mine but I'd love a tubular GT40. The problem is that I can't see spending $500 for a part that will gain me 0 hp over the one I have already....
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #10
I understand that completely. When I sold my GT-40, I made enough to get the trick flow intake, gaskets, 70mm throttle body and spacer, new plenum spacer/bolt kit,and have a little left over for new injectors (bought at a steal of a price). I got more than most because mine was polished, and had the throttle body,spacer, plenum spacer,and cover with it. The whole set up. I fel like the Sport has more mid range torque and pulls HARD up high. Like I said, I was bored, and having ideas. I gotta do something with the Cobra. Not sure what yet. I'm in no hurry to decide. I have other things to do right now for the Sport.