Skip to main content
Topic: Parting out T-bird. Blue inside and out. (Read 1492 times) previous topic - next topic

Parting out T-bird. Blue inside and out.

I'm parting out my 85 30th anniversary edition tbird.  It looks a lot like the one featured in the banner at the top of the message board.  I have everything to sell except for the arm rests and drivers seat.  I still have the driver seat cover and foam padding, just swapped out the frame for my new car.  The interior is in good condition.  Most parts will swap directly into fox bodies up to 88.  Let me know if you need anything at all.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Re: Parting out T-bird. Blue inside and out.

Reply #1
You're parting out a 35th anniversary?  Before I say something ignorant, can I ask what's happened to it that you need to part it?

Reply #2
It is a 30th, not 35th ann. edition.  Tbirds started in 55, not 50.

What's happened to it?  Not too much, just needs a LOT of work.  I saw an 87 and had to pick it up.  Much better condition than the old 85 and I like the newer look as well. 

There is basically no front end on it (underside, that is).  I ditched it once and the retards that pulled me out hooked their cable to my sway bar and snapped a bunch of stuff under there.  I think it needs a new ignition switch.  I can turn on the key, but no dash or accessory item will turn on.  It starts and drives, but only as long as the battery keeps charged, it dies pretty quickly so it might need a new voltage regulator and/or alternator.  The body is okay, but is rusting out.  The interior is good, but the carpet is shot.  There is a small rust hole in the trunk.  Interested in something?  I'd sell you the whole car if you want it.

*edit*  Also, it's about 3 different shades of blue, the front end was wrecked before I had it and was replaced with panels that didn't match.

Reply #3
Sorry, I meant 30th, I do the same thing regarding 20th anny Cougars.

I guess since the car's wrecked that's a much more justifiable cause to part it out.  If you let me know where you're located I may be interested in some parts.

Reply #4
My location is central Iowa, it's not totalled by any means, just a little rusty.  I didn't mean to cause confusion, THE FRONT END ISN'T WRECKED, just the underside, like the sway bar, tie rods, etc... Sorry for the confusion.  It's still driveable if you were to put some seats in it and fix the charging issue.  I used to bounce it like a low rider at lights because the struts were shot.  Anyway, let me know what you're interested in.

Reply #5
Hmmm, Iowa.  I'm not sure.  I'm in dire need of some doors, fenders and a trunklid...  However there's no rust-throuh on any of 'em but the trunk.  What kinda dash cluster does it have?  I may be interested in that as well as some other interior/electrical parts.  However, brining another car around would probably not go over well as I have two already, only one that runs, heh. 

BTW, I'm located in Northeastern Ohio.

Reply #6
Quote from: Ifixyawata
Hmmm, Iowa.  I'm not sure.  I'm in dire need of some doors, fenders and a trunklid...  However there's no rust-throuh on any of 'em but the trunk.  What kinda dash cluster does it have?  I may be interested in that as well as some other interior/electrical parts.  However, brining another car around would probably not go over well as I have two already, only one that runs, heh. 

BTW, I'm located in Northeastern Ohio.

The front fenders are in good condition, the doors are pretty rusted on the bottom and the trunk lid is the same way.  The cluster is full digital, but I'm not sure if all the features worked, I think the MPG thingie didn't work.  Interior is in pretty good shape.  The heater core is brand new.  What other interior parts did you have in mind?

Reply #7
Well, Cluster... maybe.  Getting a Full digital would be quite some work to get it functioning.  I'll take a look at my car and see what else I need.  Not sure how shipping would work on fenders.

Reply #8
bump

Reply #9
Took a lot of parts out, she's going to the graveyard next week.  Any final requests?

Reply #10
just out of curiosity, is the car 302 powered?

Methos

Reply #11
Quote from: Methos
just out of curiosity, is the car 302 powered?

Methos

Yup, sure is.

Reply #12
[Mr. Burns Voice]Eeeeeeeexelent[/Mr. Burns Voice]  how much for the engine mount brackets?  The ones that go between the block and the motor mount.  On a side note, can you send me some pics to make sure they are the right ones?

Thanks
Methos

Reply #13
Uhh... Not sure I could get those out, I still need to drive it to the junkyard and without engine mounts I don't think it'd be safe to drive.  Maybe I could have the junkyard guy come pick it up.  Perhaps you could show me a picture of what you need and i'll see if i can get it off.