Skip to main content
Topic: Just when you thought Saleen's customer service was bad enough... (Read 1950 times) previous topic - next topic

Just when you thought Saleen's customer service was bad enough...

When I had first contemplated a blower for my Mustang, my first choice was the Saleen unit.  After numerous delays, setbacks, and ongoing research; I opted instead for the Whipple unit which sits atop my motor today.  In the long run it was the better choice any way IMHO and this new info only confirms my feeling on this:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/09/report-saleen-inc-disolves-warranties-new-owner-takes-over/

the firm that recently purchased assets from Saleen, Inc. including the rights to the S and Racecraft lines as well as Saleen's aftermarket parts division -- sent a letter to dealers informing them that they're not liable for warranty claims and that responsibility would fall on the former owners of the brand. However, Saleen, Inc. announced it has completely ceased operations and will no longer honor warranty claims, leaving it to owners to pay for any maintenance on their vehicles regardless of when it was purchased. This also includes any vehicles languishing on dealers' lots, so any unsold 2008 or 2009 Saleen or Racecraft models will essentially come without a warranty.

Sounds like HUGE discounts are in order....
Just another smirch to add to the long line of snafu's that has defined Saleen's customer service.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #1
Yeah Steve Saleen has a new company now, SMS or something.

Reply #2
Quote from: V8Demon;260389
When I had first contemplated a blower for my Mustang, my first choice was the Saleen unit.  After numerous delays, setbacks, and ongoing research; I opted instead for the Whipple unit which sits atop my motor today.  In the long run it was the better choice any way IMHO and this new info only confirms my feeling on this:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/09/report-saleen-inc-disolves-warranties-new-owner-takes-over/

Sounds like HUGE discounts are in order....
Just another smirch to add to the long line of snafu's that has defined Saleen's customer service.

Well the Whipple was a great choice! Seems like one of those times when your reaction is one worded.
1986 Cougar LS