Skip to main content
Topic: 5.4 Blown Spark Plug (Read 3428 times) previous topic - next topic

5.4 Blown Spark Plug

Reply #15
Quote from: dudeman351;191310
you can heli coil them without taking the head off. its a royal pita but it can be done. call the shop at 407 786 7706 and talk to us. we can probably tell you how to do it over the phone.

I"ll keep that in mine,If all else fails.I'm sure I can fix it,I'm into the fight now.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

5.4 Blown Spark Plug

Reply #16
Little update,Ford not the dealer offered 1000 toward the repair.
I see a law suite or new aftermarket heads.Will know more monday.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

5.4 Blown Spark Plug

Reply #18

Not much info for that,not even sure what I'm looking at.

5.4 Blown Spark Plug

Reply #19
It has to have something to do with the extra sleeve on the spark plug?? I just found it yesterday figured maybe it would help..
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

5.4 Blown Spark Plug

Reply #20
hi dave did the info john gave you help you out at all?
louie  :birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]       
My famous last words:
It seemed like a good idea at the time.        88TC R.I.P.      88 Sport build in progress

5.4 Blown Spark Plug

Reply #21
Yeh,Basicly what I had in mine just good to know someone else did it.

5.4 Blown Spark Plug

Reply #22
Just a little update,All the fighten got me about 1500 to fix it at the dealer.Pullin it out sat. and I will either fix it or replace the heads.As of yet I did not check it out.I was waiten on the warranty for a month now ,whitch was canceled at pro rate ,
got 1100.will know more sat.

5.4 Blown Spark Plug

Reply #23
Well it's running again.went the time-sert route, it is a quality kit.
a little over a 1000 miles on it.Just waiten on the next blow out now!!

5.4 Blown Spark Plug

Reply #24
if your talking about the spark plug poped out of the hole, just go buy a thread chaser for a spark plug.  Napa sells them.  If you need a pic of one, i can post mine.

you just start it in the hole, then put a socket over it and run it in.

if that does not work then there are a couple other options.
One would be to drill out the hole and either use a press in PemNut or a heli coil.

If i were you, make them show you in writting where you were at fault.  Get a lawer involved to if you want.

BTW,, did the dealer install the plugs?

I was just throwing ideas back out incase this does not hold up.

5.4 Blown Spark Plug

Reply #25
It was to far gone to rethread,The time-sert did a nice repair.
I will be getting money back hasn't been determined how much yet.At least it's on the road and not sittin at the dealer.