Skip to main content
Topic: Brake Fittings (Read 1541 times) previous topic - next topic

Brake Fittings

Ok, I'm about to strangle somebody. The fittings on 2 different peices of brakeline don't fit on my car. The first was from Brian ( thanks man) and it fit into the wheel cylinder just fine but not the T on the rear end. Ok, I cna deal with that. I went to NAPA and they got me another peice, cut and flared for me and they assured me that the fittings on it will work. Guess what, they don't!:beatyoass:  So I need ot know so I can put my own fittings on ew line, what are the sizes for both ends. The wheel cylinder fitting size and the T junction side. Any help would be nice guys. Thanks ahead of time.

Brake Fittings

Reply #1
Due to new found knowlage, I need about 2 feet of 3/16" line with 2 3/16" fittings. Of both sets of line I had,each  had different size fittings on them, thats why they didn't fit

Brake Fittings

Reply #2
Where is the cheapest place to get this shiznit and how much fluid will it take to bleed the brakes?

Brake Fittings

Reply #3
I think brake line costs about the same no matter where...

I'm not sure how you got line with two different size fittings unless you were getting line with a standard flare on one end and a metric bubble flare on the other end.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Brake Fittings

Reply #4
I guess. All I know is that one end fits in both holes, the other in neither. The line I bought from napa was too short so it's going back tomorow.  THe first line was a peice from Ifixyawata. Ask him

Brake Fittings

Reply #5
If You have a flairing tool, the best is purchase a 25feet of 3/16 line, and the fitting will fit on the hose block on Your housing and in Your brake cylinders and make Your own, I always owned My lines, and I'll never have any problem's...

Okay, I have a lot of 3/16 and 1/8 fittings here in My garage, but it's cheap and never lost or sit for long time in Your garage...

:dunce:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1985 Thunderbird 3.8 carbed 57k original, summer car.
1980 Econoline inline 6 300ci 300k, winter/working.
1988 Base Bird finally crushed... RIP.

Dominique,  The Ridiculous, Fordus, crazyous!!!  :birdsmily:

Brake Fittings

Reply #6
Quote from: 84 Fila;118557
Due to new found knowlage, I need about 2 feet of 3/16" line with 2 3/16" fittings. Of both sets of line I had,each  had different size fittings on them, thats why they didn't fit

:pbb:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Brake Fittings

Reply #7
I take that back. The wheel cylinder is one size while the junction is slightly bigger. How can something so simple be so god complicated?

Brake Fittings

Reply #8
Get a small adapter from Napa maybe?  That's what I did.  I woulda given you my extra if I coulda found it.

Brake Fittings

Reply #9
It was a bigger adapeter actually. a 3/16" to 5/16". Problem solved and rant over now

Brake Fittings

Reply #10
Quote from: 84 Fila;118660
I take that back. The wheel cylinder is one size while the junction is slightly bigger. How can something so simple be so god complicated?

This is not a strangling case, unless You're a serial  killer kid! ;)

My Ford Econoline 1980 have the same thing, small on the cylinders and bigger on the block adapter on the housing, I putted the right adapter on the tube before flaring...

Make this on the end of january 2006, the brake oil is very cold at this temp...:cool:

Brake Fittings

Reply #11
If You have a problem with Your exhaust, You will probably kill Your entire family heheeh!!!:grinno:

Take a breath or twice, and retry, it's generally a success story!!!

Brake Fittings

Reply #12
Ford seems to like doing that, I know on the TC's they ran a 3/16" line from the master cylinder to the prop valve...but it was a metric bubble flare on one end, and the other end had like a 5/16" fitting on it. Stupid.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Brake Fittings

Reply #13
Well problem fixed and now I'm in a good mood. I had to take a party at work tonight and got left a $63 tip.