Skip to main content
Topic: Remanufactured ECM for Mass Air..... (Read 448 times) previous topic - next topic

Remanufactured ECM for Mass Air.....

A while back, when the Sport was having issues, I swapped the computer thinking mine may have been bad....it wasn't, so, I have a re-manufactured Mass Air ECM....equivalent to an A9P. It's in good shape and I used it for 2 years in the Sport.

$80 shipped to your door in the lower 48.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
Will that work with a 5speed car?

Reply #2
Quote from: 83TB;411433
Will that work with a 5speed car?
I do, It doesn't drop the rpm's between shifting,and I like that.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #3
What about 02 harness and this hanging idle I have read about?

Reply #4
I've used the A9P and never had an issue, and I have the 5 speed.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
That's what I meant about the rpm. It stays up between shifts.The problem with the wiring I believe is when you go 9l to auto. I don't use any safety switches, where the problem begins.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +