Skip to main content
Topic: Parting out my 5.0L LX car. (Read 927 times) previous topic - next topic

Parting out my 5.0L LX car.

I just bought a cleaner nicer 5.0L car and I'm going to be transferring my engine, trans, exhaust, rear, cluster, eatc and dual power seat frames.  Everything else, including the 71,000 mile 5.0SO and AOD and 7.5" 2.73 open rear from the car I just bought is up for grabs. 

What can I get money for?

The body of the LX is bad around the bottom of almost every panel, but the hood and decklid are clean, the backglass and both door windows are good, the door windows have never had the tabs separate from them, and so on.  The interior is red, but faded and probably not worth having, the dash is cracked per usual.  Most of the body and interior will probably go to s.  I'll have front and rear light housings available also.
The moonroof, sadly, works but can't be transferred to the new car, is this something I can sell? 

What's worth selling? 

Once I've got some answers and the project starts, I'll be putting stuff up in the 'For Sale' section.

Reply #1
Factory moonroof right, I maybe interested depending on price and shipping mines got most of the arms damaged or broke. I dont even need the glass just the rest of it

Reply #2
What do you want for the Main Harnes?
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Reply #3
I'm not selling yet, bigbada1, I'm feeling out for what I can sell.  What main harness are you talking about?
I can use this thread also to keep track of who wants to buy what, but I haven't taken anything apart yet, so don't get the idea that at this moment I'm sitting on a pile of parts.  Until next month, what I have is 2 complete cars.

@fanatic, yes it's a factory moonroof and no it doesn't leak. 

Since I don't have a lot of experience shipping large parts, if anyone who does have, like vinnie, could give some advice on pricing for shipping that would be very helpful.

Reply #4
Im talking about the Harnes that goes from the computer threw the fire wall to the engine harness
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Reply #6
Quote from: Tbird-fanatic;410303
Factory moonroof right, I maybe interested depending on price and shipping mines got most of the arms damaged or broke. I dont even need the glass just the rest of it

Since you aren't actually posting stuff for sale yet, I will just second this notion that you will have interest in some of the non-glass parts of the moonroof.  In other words, I am interested.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #7
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;410307
From the PCM to the salt and pepper shakers?
Yes
87 TC

Reply #8
If they are undamaged I would like the front fender liners, belt line trim (all the black and chrome stuff around the center of the car), and the LX emblem on the deck lid. So yes people want parts :).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #9
@Thunderjet302 - All that's left of the LX emblem is some fading on the trunk's paint. I have all the belt trim except for the trim around the right side turn lamp at the front of the fender.  I believe the liners are undamaged, but I'll check tomorrow.  "all the black and chrome stuff around the middle" does that include the bumper covers? 

@Bigbada1 - I'll save you the harness from the PCM to the shakers (and wherever else it goes). I'll PM you when it's out next month.

@Tbird-fanatic - As far as I'm concerned you asked first, so I'll give you first dibs on the moonroof frame, but you're getting the glass, too.  Let me know if you want the overhead console that goes with it.

Reply #10
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;410341
@Thunderjet302 - All that's left of the LX emblem is some fading on the trunk's paint. I have all the belt trim except for the trim around the right side turn lamp at the front of the fender.  I believe the liners are undamaged, but I'll check tomorrow.  "all the black and chrome stuff around the middle" does that include the bumper covers? 

Just the trim on the sides, not the stuff on the bumper covers as it's attached to the bumpers. The rubber/plastic trim on the sides between the bumper and wheel, between the wheels, and the rear wheel and bumper. Also as long as the front fender liners are undamaged (i.e. no holes or cracks) I'd like them as well. I was hoping the LX badge was still intact. I have one but I'd like as spare as it's made of "unobtainium".
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.