Skip to main content
Topic: CJ09 Cancelled (Read 7509 times) previous topic - next topic

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #15
Who's gonna yell Baytown to you now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #16
Quote from: daminc;270821
Who's gonna yell Baytown to you now

You and your wife can come down and visit - it was only 89 degrees and about 85% relative humidity today...nowhere near the 100s !

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #17
Yeah Jerry a nice scenic drive in your new Vert would be nice to visit Royce down in Texas dude. :poke:

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #18
Would a donation to the cause help in this decision? I was not able to make it but, hell I would be willing to donate if it would change the decision.
I am military and the economy has no real bearing on my job status luckily. I hate to see that the event that brings so much joy to the crew on the board is not gonna happen.

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #19
Quote from: Royce 67/87/97;270817

I'm gunna miss everyone, but as the saying goes "absence make the heart grow fonder"...so maybe Karen won't feel the need to pick on me so much by the time we see each other again at Cat Jam 2010!

Actually, it just gives me more time to come up with something better! lol
 you know I love ya man! ;)
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #20
Looks like we won't be going to Ohio for the Dachshund picnic, since there will be no cats to chase this year. It'll give me more time and money to get my car finished. But then the problem of which one to bring next year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #21
Quote from: mercury-man;270825
Yeah Jerry a nice scenic drive in your new Vert would be nice to visit Royce down in Texas dude. :poke:

You never know, mabe we'll take a trip south this year
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #22
man, I was really looking forward to this this year.  I had such a good time last year, but I can sympathise with eric.  I just hope last year wasnt my first and only catjam, and for it to come back bigger and better in 2010

88 t-bird tc - 14.97 @ 90  IHI 18 psi + k+n filter...so far - NOW HX-35 @25psi - 12.75@112    348rwhp/395rwtq
78 F-150 - 11.61@120 on 175shot N20 - 12.55@110 on motor - 5200# race weight:hick:

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #23
ok lets move cat jam to fl this year.lol nick i say bring ur cat up that week and lets paint it.remember we talked about it last year....also i am finnaly recovering from last years trip i shut my company down for a week and lost a ton of money so it wasnt planed to show this year any way..and thank god i dont half to eat at jack in the box with nick
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #24
bummer, I was just getting excited about it.

Im down for 2010. Hopefully noone will lose their birds or cats to the economy till then.

And the bright side, as many before me mentioned... gives us more time to get em ready for the event.

There should be a donate option, I'd give to the cause... where else can i go... jegs?

booooooooooooooooring

just an idea
1988 T-Bird LX- Awaiting HO build, Monster "Eat My Shift" AOD rated 550Hp. BBK ceramic shorties, Jegs mustang (catless) H-Pipe. mustang catback modified axle back for tbird, 94 17" Cobra wheels, 98 'Stang GT 8.8 Traction-lock

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #25
It has really worked for the better that we will meet in 2010.

I messaged Eric about this, the past week I have tried and tried to get anything accomplished with my cougar and my dad's cougar. (He passed away Oct 2008) and the memories of him and I with those cougars was almost overwhelming. I spent the past weekend sitting in the driver seat of his cougar sobbing on the steering wheel looking at the bag of parts on the passenger floor well that he picked up at a salvage yard that he was going work on this coming spring.

I just can't focus and get tasks done that need to be completed before cj.

Also I am to be married August 8th and will be using all of july to hopefully find a house to share with my fiance. A lot on my plate and 2010 will be here, and i will be in attendance for that show.

Thanks and I hope everyone takes this chance to appreciate the little things in their life and use the money and time that the show would take and put it back into their families needs and make good from this situation.

Eric thank you, it will only make CJ 2010 a much more enjoyable time and hopefully by then everything will have turned completely around....

Steve

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #26
Steve, I can totally understand where you are coming from. All you can do is give yourself time. Eventually, all of it will be good memories and won't hurt so much... it'll still hurt but it changes a little later on.

I lost my dad 22 1/2 years ago and I still have a hard time going to the place we went fishing together all the time. I went there a few weeks ago and while I still miss him.. it was kind of a comforting thing to be there knowing that was where he and I went really often and spent time together.  I also wanted to share that with my kids.
For the first time in all these years, I am thinking about getting our fishing licenses so we can go enjoy that time together like I used to with my dad.

In time, doing the Cougar stuff will become a comfort to you and it won't always hurt so much. But it takes a while for that to happen. Just flow with it, that's all you can do.

**didn't mean to high jack this thread**
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #28
i think the 2 year cycle is a great idea....  when we went 2 years ago, we had a good time, but it was over almost as fast as it started :)  having a full fri and sat and making it a 4 day weekend every 2 years sounds fantastic :)

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

CJ09 Cancelled

Reply #29
wow... there's a kick in reality for ya.
I'm glad there is the silver lining of more time to get the Cougar going.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock