Skip to main content
Topic: Che feedback (Read 4706 times) previous topic - next topic

Che feedback

Reply #15
I've got 275-40-17's out back with no rubbing.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Che feedback

Reply #16
Quote from: bigbada1;344347
I have the upper and lowers adjustables along with mach springs and strange 10way adjustables the lowers are cranked up almost as far as they will go and I am hitting the fender wells with my tires when I go threw a dip. I really do like both the uppers and lowers I just need to either run a smaller rear tire or have my fender lips rolled.

What setting do you have the shocks set at?  If I did the math correctly, that works out to a 26 1/4" tall tire.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Che feedback

Reply #17
I've got 275-40-17's on the vert....I had rubbing in the back....I put air shocks in and raised the back up. it only rubbed when I hit potholes.. Unfortunately, most of NY is pothole... The car has a Lincoln rearend in it, and pushes the wheels out a bit further then they should. The very outer edge of my tires catch the wheel well. If the rear was from a Cougar or Bird it probably wouldn't rub...

after the air shocks

this is how it sat before.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Che feedback

Reply #18
I'm running the CHE non-adjustables with Moog 8599 springs and Bilstein shocks for a fox Mustang with the shock mount relocation brackets from Chuck.  My tires in back are 255/60-15's --- a 27" tall tire.  I've yet to come close to rubbing.....

BTW Jerry that pic you posted with the reborn Cougar in the background is pretty much where mine is at right now.
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Che feedback

Reply #19
Same size rear tires as you Paul....I haven't driven the car, but just by looking at the tires, and wheelwell, the tire is well inside of the lip, and I'm pretty sure it's not going to even come close to rubbing.. I believe I used stock springs in the rear, and the non adjustable CHEs. I'll use adjustable shocks to fix the height problem I'm experiencing in the back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Che feedback

Reply #20
Actually I'm running 255's,besides no where near rubbing, Like Paul said maybe your shocks are set to soft.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Che feedback

Reply #21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Che feedback

Reply #22
Shocks are cranked up to 8 and they rub how many of you are running Mach springs???
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Che feedback

Reply #23
I'm using Sn-95 Mustang springs (stock GT springs). I still have plenty of room inboard and outboard of the tires (as I said,that's with 275's),but I did have to toss the ol' quad shocks into the "for sale" side of the garage. Long gone now.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Che feedback

Reply #24
For reference purposes......

I miss my car  =(

Che feedback

Reply #25
Quote from: vinnietbird;347567
I did have to toss the ol' quad shocks into the "for sale" side of the garage. Long gone now.

Think you tossed those my way...... (If you ever wonder why you can't find them again)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Che feedback

Reply #26
Quote from: V8Demon;347574
For reference purposes......

I miss my car  =(
You know.....The front of yours isn't much lower then mine right now.....I still have hope after everything gets bolted back in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Che feedback

Reply #27
Humm now Im wondering if my tire offset isnt wrong because looking at things I think that if there were no tire bulge at all I would only clear the wheels by about 1/4 inch at the fender lip. Im going to measure backspacing tommorow.
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Che feedback

Reply #28
Can you post a couple of pics?

Che feedback

Reply #29
Quote from: daminc;347578
You know.....The front of yours isn't much lower then mine right now.....I still have hope after everything gets bolted back in.

Keep in mind I have no A/C and aluminum heads..... The front end on my car is about 150 pounds lighter than when it left the factory.  With the stock springs it sat much higher than it does now and as shown in the pic.  The current springs up front are Moog part #8598.  Before I redid the suspension it was starting to get the old gasser look as the rears were starting to sag.