Skip to main content
Topic: Let's see those sound systems (Read 12240 times) previous topic - next topic

Let's see those sound systems

Reply #45
Quote from: fordguy545;300524
I got a jensen flipout in the stock location.  Have pioneer speakers in the factory locations powered by a diamond 400.4.  Also have a single 10" RE SX in a prefab box set in the drop down part of the trunk powered by a american bass xd1000 amp.  Its got plenty of kick for my liking.  Also can remove the sub easily for autox.

doesnt have navigation, but I would assume one that does would fit the same

same head i have in my durango. I paid 200 installed for mine(from a buddy)
I had a dual 10 inch sealed, non divided box in my lincoln(same trunk set up) it sat right up on that little tray, and I had 2 pieces of angle iron lag bolted to the box, and with some HUGE screws holding it to the floor. Had some old school polk DB's at first with a rockford punch amp, 250 per sub, swaped in some OLD school kicker CVR comps, they ROCKED, but being non divided it SUCKED. Had a pioneer premier deck, with my ipod. Man that system was sweeeeeeeeeeeeet in that car.... God I miss it so much....
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #46
Quote from: jncocowboyx;300645
scratch what i said earlier... my system got jacked this morning. twice in the same year. i'm ready to move back to FL... :/

people like that are what make me want to rig my shiznit with y traps.... I am seriously contimplating it.. I bet you could run something from the radio case as a ground and if it came ungrounded set off the horn or something.... My brain is pondering now, I have 2 extra horns sitting in the back of my durango.....
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #47
My first Tbird...I had a nice Pioneer (if I remember correctly) cd deck installed, and I used a bit if plumber's strap on the back to give it more "support", as well as making it harder to yank out.

Well, I had it parked in my hometown (population less than 300) while I was riding around with some friends.

Someone had gotten in, tried to pull the head unit out, and when they failed, took a big mag-light I'd stuck between the consolette and the trans. hump, and beat the dog snot out of my stereo, the dash area around it, the clock, etc.

They even broke the  mag-light! :mad:

Just sayin...if they want it bad enough, they'll get it, or else tear the hell out of it anyway.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #48
but LOUD noise usually scares them away fast haha. When it comes to my stang, I will go past any moral standards to make it near impossible to steal/steal shiznit from it. I dont like people standing CLOSE to my car, without me there to begin with. I dont trust people when it comes to my baby.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #49
I used to have two JL Audio 12W4's with a PPI PROMOS50 bridged into 4ohm for 400watts RMS. Had a PPI AM2150 on the front MBQuart 3-way set and a PPI AM2050 on a rear set of 6.5's in the rear quarters.

The attached pictures show the amp install and 3-way crossovers in the trunk.

I ended up sell the car in 2000 and miss it now. I wish I would have kept her and at least taken more pictures back in the day.

Reply #50
wow that is slick. If you didn't already know what you're looking at, you'd be going "I see the amps but now where in the hell are all the speakers???"
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #51
Thanks! I thought it sounded really good.

I had an Eclipse ECD-410 cd player and a Clarian 920EQ /crossover with display in the dash. The EQ display squeezed in perfectly to the holder above the radio... no screws needed.  I just drilled a small hole for the quick connect cable to poke through and it hid behind the dash. This made it easy to pull the radio and EQ out when I parked it.

The front sound stage had more power than the subs. It was a MB Quart 328 CX 3-way setup. I had 6-1/2" in woofers in the doors on MB's angled mounts. They were painted Regatta Blue to match the interior. The 4" mid ranges were in the dash locations under the factory grills and for the tweeters I made custom adjustable brackets on the plastic triangle mirror covers. The passive crossovers in the trunk were the upgraded MBQuart Musicomp 300.72 units that could handle the Precision Power 2150am rated at 150W rms x 2 into 4 ohms.

The rear sound stage had SoundStream SPL 2ohm 6-1/2" pen 15sials in custom brich plywood boxes mounted on each side of the back seat. This allowed me to fit the sub box under the rear deck. I customized the plastic side panels with rectangular Ford Taurus rear deck grills, also painted to match the interior. This was similar to my parents 91 and 93 Mercury Cougars rear placement. A Precision Power 2050am rated at 100W rms x 2 into 2 ohms was used for these.

The two JL Audio 12W4's subs had the Precision Power ProMOS 50 bridged into 4 ohms for 400 watts x 1. Actually I still have the custom box and subs if someone's interested.

I ran monster cable patch cords and used heavy gauge wiring. Had 2 gauage power cable for the 900 watts and smoked a few alternators. Good thing they had a lifetime warranty. ;) Only had the one battery up front and I wish the 3G alternators were available back then.

I still have most of the equipment. The radio and SPL 2ohm 6-1/2" pen 15sials  went into the boat and I have an 89 Mustang GT with the Precision Power 2050am. I still have the crossovers but sold the EQ920. Found a couple more pictures of the audio equipment too.

Reply #52
I will see if I can find some pictures of the system that was in the car back in the day.  It was walled off with 4 18 inch rockfords, 4 eights, two 61/2 and two tweets in rear, the door had two 61/2 and tweet in each door.  Tweets in dash.  Amps were at punch 650 and another punch amp on mids and highs.